Hi Friends!

Few questions I have for you today.

Are you a dem or rep? What lead you to your choice of political affiliation? Your parents? Friends? TV? Radio? 

What influences your thought process?

Do you cringe like I do when you hear political candidates say, "I am a christian."?

I think the rep's just hate Obama because he's black. Yes I said it. 

I do plan on voting for him again. 

My final thoughts are that they are all crooks and liars. 

Tags: obama, vote

Views: 1236

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

As much as I would like to vote for neither of them I feel that voting independent would do very little to secure a President that doesn't want to take my rights away as a woman. So I have to consider the fact that most will vote for either one of those republican bigots or OB. This means I'll be voting for OB because I would much rather take my chances there then anywhere else at this point...

The two party system is BS but voting independent at this point in time would be like throwing your vote away.

In the UK, we atheists are mostly just wishing 'Please not Romney. Please not Santorum. Come on America, don't vote a total lunatic into the most powerful position in the world, please,please,please.' 

I myself will be voting to the left next time as our conservative Prime Minister recently said we are a Christian nation despite less than 15% of us being practicing christians - he got a lot of criticism for that - think it was a ploy to see if any of the 55% of us who call ourselves Christian mainly as a cultural identification would vote for him for that reason and also get the BNP (racist) votes. He still said that people without faith were just as important but that we need to embrace Christian morals - have written to him telling I do not agree to slavery, the murder of non-christians or the killing of children born to prostitutes and understand he got a lot of those letters.

still registered rep. even if my party ran into the f&*$ing wilderness....

my main influence is my skeptical and pessimistic view of our future.

i hate politicians that say "i am..." well anything cause f&*$ you, what are you here to do for the rest of us...

the hate for obama has at some level to do with him being black, absolutely....

i will probably vote for him again, since there really is no alternative.

you forgot, chickenhawks, a$$holes, pedophiles, and requiring to be diagnosed with NPD to be able to run for office...

The system could easily be reformed, but that will always prove disadvantageous for the party in power.  

dividing seats based on popular vote:

• Conservative: 122
  • NDP: 94
  • Liberal: 58
  • BQ: 18
  • Green: 12
  • Independent: 4

Actual Seats (difference from above):

• Conservative: 166 (+44)
  • NDP: 103 (+9)
  • Liberal: 34 (-24)
  • BQ: 4 (-14)
  • Green: 1 (-11)
  • Independent: 0 (-4)

Granted, Independents can't divide seats based on popular vote, but it is clear that the current voting system does not represent the way Canadians actually vote.  In this case, the Conservative government is on track for reforms that I'd wager over half the voting population disagrees with.

I'd take Obama as the head of the Conservative Party (which is where he'd likely fall in our system) over Harper if that was an option.  Sadly, it is not.

"I think the rep's just hate Obama because he's black. Yes I said it. "

I am sorry but that is a load of balogna.

It never seems to occur to some people that maybe the people who don't like Obama, don't like him because they do not like what he stands for rather than because of his skin color.

Now I am sure there are some people who, on their list of complaints about Obama, include the fact that his family left Africa a lot more recently than theirs did.  But to simply say Republicans (not "some Republicans," but just "Republicans") hate him because he is black is stating that all Republicans are racist.

And that statement is every bit as bigoted as you are accusing them of being.

Steve.. 
I would agree if not for the controversy there has been from Conservatives about whether or not Obama is Muslim or even a born in the U.S.  Many on the far Right (ie, Tea Partiers) still feel he's an illegitimate president because they believe he's not born here.

What I find ironic is that during the last election the Right had issues because of Obama's Jeremiah Wright connection.. Once that fell flat- it became he's now Muslim because of his middle name. 

Prior to Obama the only other President with anything close to this type of controversy was Kennedy. That dealt was more, since he was Catholic whether or not the policies of the Vatican and the Pope were going to effect his presidential polices. 

Obama is the first President to have his citizenship, his parentage and his religion questioned like this.

The question remains.. What is so different about him that some people would feel the need to question those things as vehemently as they have? 

You do recall that Bushy Two wasn't elected, but was appointed by the supreme court.

Damn those Chads..

...deleted

OK, I've checked on this and the wikipedia article on this whole thing matches my recollections pretty well:  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/United_States_presidential_election_in...

It appears that the recount efforts pushed by Gore actually were in violation of Florida law (which required that results be certified by November 14), and subsequent unofficial recounts mostly showed that Bush was the true winner of the election.

Claiming he was "appointed" by a Supreme Court that simply insisted Florida follow its own law is as baseless as claiming Obama is not a citizen.

How would it feel if the Supreme Court prohibited investigation into Obama's  citizenship?

Again, I am complaining about Sophie's phrasing implying all republicans are racists.  Yeah there are nutters.  There are nutters in ANY group.  And of course the opposing group will highlight them.  I know of many conservatives who denounce all of the "Obama isn't a citizen" stuff as bullcrap.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service