If you haven't yet given this topic much thought, you better start NOW!

1954 (Before my time, but close)

Even when I was a kid I hated 'store bought' costumes and would design my own, no matter how rag-tag it looked. Most kids would go to the 'Five & Dime' (anyone remember those stores? lol ) and pick out a popular costume that came with some corny mask. Superman, Cinderella, Mickey Mouse, a Witch or the Devil were the standard choices... But I chose to dress up as a Vampire, a Zombie, and a Belly-Dancer, not your 'run-of-the-mill' costume in those olden days.

Trick-or-Treating wouldn't dare begin until sundown when groups of kids would wander around the neighborhood (without their parents) demanding treats. I really hated the fact that it was often too chilly to go out without a coat, so my spectacular costume ended up being all covered up.

Halloween used to be a mainly just a holiday for the kiddies, but that has certainly changed over the last 30 years. Halloween now rivals Xmas for being the most popular holiday for adults as well..

Do tell what you are thinking of being for Halloween this year. Share what you were last year, and if you have some photos from past Halloweens, we would LOVE to see them. If you haven't yet decided on your costume, hopefully there will be some ideas here that will spark some enthusiasm in your bloody heart.

Views: 609

Replies to This Discussion

Thanks! It was great fun. Everyone there that knows me was like, "Yup, that's James alright." lol

hummmm, looks about right for next year...

RSS

Discussion Forum

Sexy Halloween

Started by RobertPiano. Last reply by archaeopteryx Oct 22, 2013. 20 Replies

***SPOOKY PICTURES***

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by RobertPiano Sep 5, 2013. 39 Replies

Who Are YOU Going To Be For Halloween This Year?

Started by Sydni Moser. Last reply by Sydni Moser Nov 6, 2010. 29 Replies

An American Halloween in Paris

Started by Sydni Moser Nov 4, 2010. 0 Replies

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service