Some characteristics you might consider:

-Addresses arguments directly 

-Provides legitimate criticisms on Atheism

-Pushes their opponent to new ground

-etc.

Views: 175

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

David Wolpe - He always sounds so fascinating and honest ... until you realize everything he says is based on personal beliefs and has no evidence.  But he means well.  He is a good guy and isn't a total DOUCHE to listen to and watch like William Lane Craig is. 

You can search his name on You Tube and find some good debates.  

Interesting question, Erik. Shmuley Boteach is a very colorful guy to watch. I think he concedes on a lot of points that a logical person would. Of course, he's an orthodox Rabbi so the logic only goes so far, but I generally enjoy listening to the guy.

Boteach may be colorful but he is a know-nothing idiot who hasn't had an original thought... well ever,  and uses the same debunked non-sequiturs that his ilk have been spreading for centuries. He thinks the values of the founding fathers of the U.S were faith based, and he thinks atheism is a philosophy of nihilism.

I agree with Dustin - in that David Wolpe hasn't got that "facepalm effect" of other debators.

Yeah, Wolp is OK.  Boteach I wasn't very impressed with.

This is kinda cheating the discussion I made, but I really liked listening to Robert Wright in this debate.  Except he claims to be "neutral" rather than pro- or anti-religion.

I respect Douglas Wilson to a degree. At least, his debates with Christopher Hitchens were the most thoughtful pro-religion arguments that I've seen. There is a film of their debates called Collision.

I think Wilson is cannon fodder for any thinking person, but yea, I do respect him for not being a total douchebag.  If by thoughtful pro-religion arguments you mean implying that snakes might have talked @ 2:35 then by all means yes. A funny one.

Ha! It's possible that judicious editing portrayed him better and I fell for it. But still, he doesn't bother me as much as most.
Denys Turner, interviewed in the Atheism Tapes, isn't too bad either. http://youtu.be/sTx0TLp3Fu0

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 5 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 14 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service