I started a manifesto explaining life and the universe that was based on that there is no Devine Creator, no God. It also was based on no presence of mystical energies or reincarnation of "life force/soul" entities. I began with the title "The new odd atheist bible."

This is my odd way of introducing me as new around here. So if the discussion I am starting is redundant let me know and I will pull it off the board. As you see I stole from Micheal S. with respect to the title. Thank you M.S. - fellow A-person.

Actually I did publish a preliminary manifesto, The Odd Average Atheist Bible on lulu, but I need to redo it a litltle. In it, I am mostly kind and good natured to Christian and Jewish religion and a bit kind to former myth religion. But hear here, I can let loose a couple of critisms.

Bug Me 1 - the smug attitude that if they err wrong and against tenents of their religion, it does not matter in the long run because "if they have faith then no matter what they go to heaven."

Bug Me 2 - Lying and planning contigient lies lead to rape, murder, theft, war. Yet the "holy bible" is wholly hazy about the need for 100% honesty in interpersonal relations, in international relations. Is the stongest language something like "thou shalt not tell untruths about neighbors?"

Bug Me 3 - If there was a god, it is against reason for people to pray for a team to "make a first down". A corrolary to this is the amount of wasted human brain power is spent praying. I am a true atheist and there is no thing to pray to for wants and needs. I hope, I hope against all hope (for fate to act unusual). That's it.

Bug Me 4 - The stupid Pope is perverted. For years to "shock discourse" I would state that humanity could be explained by the statement "the Pope is perverted." As everone knew the Pope was not perverted it made me defend my position. It was the Pope was a tiny tiny bit perverted whereas someone like Charles Manson was very very perverted whereas someone like me was just an average person with about average perversions. My point being we are all endowed with all human traits, just to a different degree. Now I find out the priests are perverted sort of often.

Bug Me 5 - In this manifesto I wrote, I bring up that civilization is teetering on Population Growth Chaos. It is not pretty. Math says when in chaos, in a century it could happen 6 billion more people will die than are born. With that is the risk civilization is replaced by barbarianism. God beleivers and their leaders irresponsibly promote more babies.

Bug Me 6 - If suicide is necessary to make relevant a "god/religion" that is irrelevant or persecuted, than please make it a spectacle that kills only the suicidee.

Please, I need new angles on the question if you have time. thx.

Tags: bible, lies, ten commandments

Views: 54

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Worse still, some believe that the universe really is 10,000 years old and all science evidence is "holy fudged" to test the faith in god.
Worse still, some believe that the universe really is 10,000 years old and all science evidence is "holy fudged" to test the faith in god.
And usually, he's tricking them so they can't do anything about it.  Like the pharoah was basically rendered incapable of believing Moses when Moses came to him with amazing wizardry so that god could send down his plagues and such on the poor unsuspecting Egyptians. 
Thank you. This is all good amunition for me when making my point in my being a Atheist.
Why is it that we can understand the contridictions of any god but millions cannot..
I can't stand the way they say that everything is part of god's plan and so we should celebrate suffering as part of the challenge. Tell that to a baby who is born with HIV and who's mother can't provide it enough food. That really ps's me off.

I also dislike the inherent self loathing "I am nothing without Him" or "we are all sinners". It's psychologically messed up if you ask me.
The smug pleasure they receive from thinking that everyone else is going to burn in Hell while they are going to be living it up in Heaven. If my friends were going to be tortured by terrorist while I attend a party, I would feel abject horror not contentment like those amoral morons.
Here is some other humor short story I would like to write. People in heaven find they are stuck forever with someone they never did or will like person to person. I have a little saying I say tactfully and at the right time, "I'd rather be in my hell than those people's heaven." It is betraying my bent that god is a myth but sometimes it creates traction.
A 747 crashes. Everybody dies except one person. He is on then news saying "God saved me".

Okay, what's the f***ing point?
Uh yeah, obviously, he was the only one worth saving. He is giving the glory to God. Some glory. He needs to give the gory to God too. (lame I know lol).
I wonder how many people on that plane were praying for dear life as well. Talk about a "Father" playing favorites.
I have been word playing with odd. It started with a Seinfeld episode where George wants to name his kid Seven (Mickey Mantle's uniform number). I have no kids but kidded to my wife, our first kid we name Odd. The second kid we name Even.

The brainwashed faithful simply say God works in odd ways. I made a big leap philosophically when I focused for years on infants killed too young to be believers or ethical in any way. I love children, adults if they could keep some kidhood, the likeable kidhood, the honest kidhood of observance I think the world would be a better place. Freud's book the Future of an Illusion points out believers have "it is because it is/must be" argument, and the "as if" it must be arguments. Both arguments are circular meaning the premise is the proof.

I still giggle thinking of writing a short story where God takes a few hours off and visits his beloved humans. He winds up at an NFL stadium and sees the beauty of the athleticism. Then a cachophy of prayers reach him, asking with the urgency of life or death, that a team make a first down or other prayers asking the opposite. The God himself says "What is the Failing Point in trying to answer the prayers." The story continues with God hearing more crazy prayers.
As I understand the brainwashed faithful, more time being faithful in life (like every second of life) - including regular tithing - means more faithful and that means never veering from belief. No the brainwashing includes that just being faithful right before death is doing sin. As I understand it, a total five of ten of the commandments pertain to absolute faith in god.

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by captain kingsway 2 hours ago. 1 Reply

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 9 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service