Would like some feedback from other atheist, on where/when would integrity not matter to you?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What kind of integrity are we talking about here? Give me a reason to and I'd be willing to believe I could kill. On the other hand I would never abuse a woman. I'd take advantage of loopholes, but I'll always do whatever I can to help a friend in need. Is that the sort of thing you're after?

To me an individual is in one of two groups: People I like and people I don't care for. If I can help someone I don't care for at no personal expense I will (e.g. directions.). If I get something out of helping someone I probably will (e.g. when travelling alone, i'll buy a tramp food for the company.) If someone I like has a problem, no matter how big, I'm willing to listen and try and help however I can. But I also like to think of myself as a respectable person. Sure, it depends on who you are, but I'll follow the rules of chivalry as much as possible, I'll rarely think of stealing and only would if I had a very good reason.

I understand where Adriana is coming from, and I agree with her response. I think some people would see integrity as always doing "the right thing" regardless if another's life is on the line. And I like the way you put it Dallas.

It all varies depending on the definition of Integrity.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service