Would like some feedback from other atheist, on where/when would integrity not matter to you?

Views: 12

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What kind of integrity are we talking about here? Give me a reason to and I'd be willing to believe I could kill. On the other hand I would never abuse a woman. I'd take advantage of loopholes, but I'll always do whatever I can to help a friend in need. Is that the sort of thing you're after?

To me an individual is in one of two groups: People I like and people I don't care for. If I can help someone I don't care for at no personal expense I will (e.g. directions.). If I get something out of helping someone I probably will (e.g. when travelling alone, i'll buy a tramp food for the company.) If someone I like has a problem, no matter how big, I'm willing to listen and try and help however I can. But I also like to think of myself as a respectable person. Sure, it depends on who you are, but I'll follow the rules of chivalry as much as possible, I'll rarely think of stealing and only would if I had a very good reason.

I understand where Adriana is coming from, and I agree with her response. I think some people would see integrity as always doing "the right thing" regardless if another's life is on the line. And I like the way you put it Dallas.

It all varies depending on the definition of Integrity.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service