Skycomet - Karin (AKA Chibi Vampire)

Views: 322

Attachments:

Replies to This Discussion

Haibane Renmei

Grave of fireflies

Azumanga Daioh

Chobits

and lots more that i'm unable to remember right now...

Code Geass- all the way and back again.

Although Death Note and Cowboy Bebop come close.

Favorite Manga- Arata The legend

Kimba The White Lion

I only got into anime about a year ago. I was slow at first but then I found Naruto on the internet and it was fucking over, I was hooked! I am a member of the Bujinkan budo school and It descends from a ninja lineage so I was immediately interested. I looked into the origins a little bit while I watched the first episodes and I fell in love with the story of Jiraiya.

I have subsequently watched every episode of Naruto and Naruto Shippuden. I started in March and finished in the end of June. Now I have to wait for new episodes to air and it's sooper lame!

I like Bleach and Death Note also and I use to watch Fullmetal Alchemist but I kinda got bored with it. I also watched all the episodes of Claymore, which is actually the first time I ever watched an entire series of anime.

COWBOY BEBOP. One of my fondest memories of my childhood was watching that show. I was an anime guy ever since.

Probably a little late to join the convo but my best would be:

Elfen Lied

Chobits

Attack on Titan

Sword Art Online

Future Diary

Neon Genesis Evangalion

Those are just a few on my top list! :D

I haven't watched Chobits in probably seven years, but even still the opening theme often randomly pops into my head.

What the appeal on Attack on Titan? I just recently heard of this and i'm far from impressed.

In my opinion it's a damn good story. Had me sitting at the edge of my seat with my hands over my mouth for a lot of the time. 

Each to their own though. If you don't like it then you don't like it!

I haven't see it/read it yet. I'm asking because i don't want to spent the little time i have and then find out it is overhyped.I mean, how much can be said about titans attacking a walled city and be protected by mechanical spider men.

I honestly want to know the appeal, is the gore or is there a fantastic story behind the simple premise?

Quite a bit can be said about it once you realize how it is set up. There is an angle of politics in how the city is arranged, how the military is distributed, who is most susceptible to attack, how certain characters are treated, and secrets which are being kept. Then there is the mystery of where the Titans came from, and that mystery is explored as the story progresses, yet keeps expanding as well. Then there is the drama of the main characters who face some rather brutal hardships.

The only flaw in my experience is the pacing. In both the anime and the manga, the story gets doled out too slowly for my tastes. While the fighting mostly makes sense, and there are some appealing aspects to the challenges faced and strategies employed, I just find they drag on too long instead of revealing more plot.

I think the pacing was a lot faster than some other animes (like DBZ, where it takes 10 episodes to finish a battle). The most I had to wait to finish the story line of one battle was maybe one or two episodes. I think if they cut out more to make the pacing faster they would be cutting out on some valuable time they use to build the story and make it more dramatic. If it was less dramatic it would be less enjoyable, in my opinion. 

RSS

Discussion Forum

What's you're favorite Anime?

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel. Last reply by Black Dawn Dec 14, 2013. 51 Replies

Favorite AMV

Started by Nathaniel Hoh. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror Dec 11, 2013. 5 Replies

Weekly Featured Anime Ideas! Share them All!

Started by Skycomet the Fallen Angel. Last reply by Skycomet the Fallen Angel May 23, 2011. 1 Reply

any manga readers out there

Started by edward m coleman. Last reply by Okinawa R. Apr 6, 2011. 6 Replies

Best anime song of 2009

Started by Apple Nov 23, 2009. 0 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 1 Comment

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service