We've had countless discussions on here about the religious colloquialisms and sayings that others say that we tolerate (e.g. many don't mind something like, ("I hope you get better soon - I'll pray for you", or something as simple as "bless you" after a sneeze). But what about the other end of the spectrum?

What are the xian, or religious for that matter, sayings that drive you crazy or get under your skin? For instance, here are a couple of mine...

• When a religious person sees another who is down on his luck, or has had some tragedy, or is simply "not as good as" the religious person and they say, "There but for the grace of god go I". How pompous and sanctimonious, not to mention cruel and selfiish
  • Sports figures, actors, etc. who go through the histrionics of thanking god when something great happens to them. What, did god hate the other players/competitors?

You get the idea.

Can't wait to read your thoughts on this!

Tags: Sayings

Views: 5558

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

They were yours.

I honestly don't know how I would react, and I hope I never have to find out. I'm sorry you were put through that.

RSS

Forum

Should we change people?

Started by Austin Weekly in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 20 minutes ago. 5 Replies

What do you think of Higher Power(s)? Please share.

Started by Chelsey Carlson in Society. Last reply by Erock68la 44 minutes ago. 5 Replies

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 1 hour ago. 55 Replies

Here less than two hours

Started by Douglas Fo in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Paynton 3 hours ago. 14 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service