What would your parody sign read if you were to picket with Phelps?

I am considering  taking up a parody sign and picketing with the wackos from the Westboro Baptist Church in the very near future.

My first thought was to carry a GOD HATES SHRIMP sign.  Is that passe now?

What message would you put on your sign?

Would you mimic the insanity of their message, or counter with wit and wisdom?

Views: 3186

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

GOD HATES JESUS.  HE KILLED HIS ONLY SON.

1) GOD HATES

2) I went to a phelps protest and all I got was this lousy poster

"I permit no woman to teach or have authority over men; she is to keep silent." Timothy 2:11
Considering most of protest is done by Shirley Phelps-Roper there is a level of humor to be found there

Interestingly - even ironically - the letters confirmed to have actually been written by Paul encourage the participation of women in religious services, even to the point of suggesting women priests. Another, anonymous, source, claiming to have been Paul, forged letters condemning female participation, including 2nd Timothy.

Oh, so it's the old "Women should be obscene and not heard" thing.

@Violet - I think you'd have to say that this guy is his own parody sign:

"God is a hater not a debater."

I can't really see past my rage towards the phelps' sick, twisted views to construct a witty one liner here, but I just wanted to let it be known that I loathe and despise them. Sadly I'd be one of the dudes that the police would have to restrain for their own safety. Lol.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 12 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service