Okay, so earlier today, I had a little discussion with a theist who just didn't seem to know the meaning of the sentence "give up, you're out of arguments!"

I used the "silver bullet" technique. (Asking him what his strongest argument was and then completely breaking it down, so all his other arguments are automatically bullpeep)

But this guy just didn't show any sign of stopping.

And after many hours of argueing and yes/no fights, it all came down to one question. He said: "Okay, suppose I'm right. Suppose you die and come before god. What are you going to say to him when he tells you that you have been a bad person for not believing in him?"

My reply was: "If god would say that I have been a bad person, I'd say he's out of his mind! I am in no way a bad person, just as you are in no way an atheist."

But now that I think about it...I actually have no idea at all what I really would say...

Just SUPPOSE that he's right (of course, he is not), and you DO appear in front of god. What the hell would you say?

Just wondering...

Views: 298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I would ask "him" if the Bible was true. If he said that it was, I would ask him one question: "Why did you put a Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil in the middle of the Garden of Eden, and then commanded us to never eat from it -- a command that could only be obeyed if we had the knowledge of good and evil?"

I imagine his reply would be unsatisfactory.

Because it is more important to blindly obey arbitrary laws than it is to know right from wrong.
If there is a god, and if I meet him after I die, I bend both my knees, right knee more than the left one, after the right thigh & calf are at a 100 degree angle, I'll lunge forward, leading with my right knee hitting that sadistic bastard in the groin. And then I'll whisper in his ear, this is what you get for fucking up the world the way you did you mother fucker.

Ofc I'm making two huge assumptions here, in addition to the other more apparent(and IMO ridiculous) ones - 

1. There is one god & he's a man.
  2. He has any balls, though with the worship me or else routine it would seem he's compensating for something so you never know. (Stole that one from - Dawkins Dog's tweet)

If god existed, and had balls, he/it wouldn't feel so compelled to hide behind it's followers.
If there were a god, and I appeared before it, my first response would be, "YOU BASTARD!!  All the evidence I encountered on earth indicates you're a malevolent, hayseed jerk.!!"
And assuming it existed (which I certainly don't assume/believe/expect), it would most likely reply something like: "Those idiots who wrote all that stuff and claimed they talked for me were not my representatives. I put all those a-holes in their own special place so you guys wouldn't have to listen to them whine about how I should do things...."

It's hard to fathom this scenario.  If there was some "god" I would ask him why he made me an atheist and call him a dick.

There's no such thing so it is useless to answer such a hypothetical question.
"Dude, this acid is amazing! I see god!"

You're God!  THAT was the best you could do?!  Now you know why I didn't believe.

Suppose you die and come before god. What are you going to say to him when he tells you that you have been a bad person for not believing in him?"

I've been a bad person alright but if this is what constitutes the worst of my deeds I might suggest he check his priorities. Then maybe ask for a smoke, what's it going to do kill me?

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 7 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service