Okay, so earlier today, I had a little discussion with a theist who just didn't seem to know the meaning of the sentence "give up, you're out of arguments!"

I used the "silver bullet" technique. (Asking him what his strongest argument was and then completely breaking it down, so all his other arguments are automatically bullpeep)

But this guy just didn't show any sign of stopping.

And after many hours of argueing and yes/no fights, it all came down to one question. He said: "Okay, suppose I'm right. Suppose you die and come before god. What are you going to say to him when he tells you that you have been a bad person for not believing in him?"

My reply was: "If god would say that I have been a bad person, I'd say he's out of his mind! I am in no way a bad person, just as you are in no way an atheist."

But now that I think about it...I actually have no idea at all what I really would say...

Just SUPPOSE that he's right (of course, he is not), and you DO appear in front of god. What the hell would you say?

Just wondering...

Views: 259

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If I could take physical objects to heaven (paridise, whatever), or find one there, I would throw a brick at him and try him for crimes against Humanity.
Basically, you can throw a brick anywhere, anytime, at anything because, well, god is supposed to be omnipresent. So, throw a brick for me too...
If a bear shits in the woods, he's shitting on god. The same goes for the pope and his golden throne.
Oh, well, then we shit on god on a regular basis. No wonder he's so full of crap.

I genuinely think, that if there were a god, he would prefer us all to be atheist.

Here me out...

I think that given the vast number of religions, and the sexist, racist nature inherent in most of them, god would prefer if we constantly questioned our values and updated them with time (which we have, without religion). We now accept women into political/business jobs, accept gays as who they are, and so on. If we'd followed most religions, we wouldn't be where we are today.

Ultimately, I think he (or she, or...it?) would have liked us to be rational humanist, rather than Catholics or some other random school of any one of a thousand religions through time.

I'd look at him, with a pure heart, honest face and tell him:
"dude, you suck!"
"This is what you call love? No wonder Satan rebelled...He knew you were crazy."
Are we supposing that (a) god exists or that the Bible is true?
"Okay, suppose I'm right. Suppose you die and come before god. What are you going to say to him when he tells you that you have been a bad person for not believing in him?"

"God , I challenge you to a debate. But first , please kindly tell me your name and some attributes about yourself / what you stand for so I may more easily disprove you. Thanks."

Upon which God would have to grant my wish if he respects free - will?

Thus proving God cannot possibly exist - I would kill God. Perhaps God just never questioned it's own existence? Upon questioning it - I'm sure it would be a reasonable deity and have to decreate itself if it is proven to be based on logical fallacies?
"What took you so long?"

"Do you know what I'm about to say?  Cool.  Fuck you too.  Are we done here?"...

I would go no further than that probably.  If He existed, He would know good and goddamn well that I refuse to explain myself to some selfish fuck that decided to let the world fuck itself and then only show his face at the very end of my life?  Please......if he WAS in fact real....I'd still say "fuck that motherfucker."

Then I'd go to hell.  But I would still stick to my guns no matter what.  Hell or high-water.

I think my first question would be: "So, did any religion get it right?"

Followed by, "Why didn't you intervene in anything past 33 A.D or so?"

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service