Okay, so earlier today, I had a little discussion with a theist who just didn't seem to know the meaning of the sentence "give up, you're out of arguments!"

I used the "silver bullet" technique. (Asking him what his strongest argument was and then completely breaking it down, so all his other arguments are automatically bullpeep)

But this guy just didn't show any sign of stopping.

And after many hours of argueing and yes/no fights, it all came down to one question. He said: "Okay, suppose I'm right. Suppose you die and come before god. What are you going to say to him when he tells you that you have been a bad person for not believing in him?"

My reply was: "If god would say that I have been a bad person, I'd say he's out of his mind! I am in no way a bad person, just as you are in no way an atheist."

But now that I think about it...I actually have no idea at all what I really would say...

Just SUPPOSE that he's right (of course, he is not), and you DO appear in front of god. What the hell would you say?

Just wondering...

Views: 297

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

So do i! Appreciate it :D

But I made you who you are, lad! Remember that! Before you knew me, you were just a shy, quiet little boy. :P

But, I must say, I love your style as well. 

Though I still have no idea what you would "say", you know?

I assume you are talking to me? Why, yes!

that is the truth. But you learned me not to take any more shit from anybody!

Which made me an arrogant prick...

Who cares? I blame Religion!

But what i would say? Well, probably some crazy shit like "peanuts will rule the world".

Then i would see to what religion he actually belongs to, analyzing his clothes, hair etc.

And then i would ask, if Joseph Smith would be there, how magnets work.

after that, (s)troll beyond the pearly gates, while whistling "The Seeker" by The Who.

"I won't get to get what I'm after 'till the day i die..."

Timothy my reply to God on page 5 would end his discussion with me and certainly put him in his place. He would also be aware of the fact that there are some folks among the atheist community who know the painful truth about his religious origins that Christians are crushed to hear, and most folks in general are oblivious to! But if God was real, so too would be his parents, and siblings, etc. SUCKS for him coming from a Pantheon of Sumerian Gods and Goddesses, and all the worse that he started out on the "C" list! LOL.

BTW this should shut your Christian friend up as well.  Have a nice day!

"Which one of us is supposed to pinch the other?"

Now you show yourself?!? way to be realistic :P I would most likley say something along the lines of:

Before you judge me I want you to look closely at the "message" that your extremists are sending out to the world. If you truly hate fags and think that all people are evil because they think differently, then send me to hell because I want no part of this.

"So, why exactly do you need a starship?"

Honestly, if that amazingly unlikely event were to occur, it would depend on which precise god I found myself in front of. I'd offer Thor a beer. Er, mead.

Only very strong mind altering  drugs is ever going to persuade me of the mere existence of a Deity never mind the fact i,m conversing with one ,so i,d probably be very high an in the company of the twat that put a  tab in my newky brown ale .

So anyway that given i,d ask it to stitch me up with the blonde with big boobs presently floating around the bar donning pink corset pink stockings an loverly fluffy wings ,my mate can have the dude with the red outfit on carrying a trident with three giant dildos for prongs.

why you gave me the brain ability that gonna reject you !!
Yo Quiero Taco Bell?
"I really think now is a good time to discuss this 'hell' thing you seem so fond of."

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 0 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 4 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service