it's obvious the bible is bedtime stories to explain what people didn't understand.

so, when your pet dies, what do you tell your child when s/he asks "where does fluffy go when he dies?"

just curious, cause I've sometimes wondered what I would tell my kids (if I have any)

Views: 56

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Our dog, the only dog we've had as a family, is getting up there in years.  He'll be eleven this year, and even though my kids are all adults, I keep telling them, "love him and remember these moments with him.  We won't have him forever, and when he's gone he'll live on only as long as we remember him."

Waiting for death to happen before we prepare kids is an error, in my thinking.

I would love to be as honest as possible, but even as an atheist I can't claim to know for certain.  I know that I absolutely believe there is no god as far as god has been defined in any way that I've ever heard, and I really don't believe in any sort of spiritual afterlife - but I really can't claim to be certain that consciousness doesn't continue in some form.  The difference between me and a theist, though, is that I don't make up fairy tales to fill in the gaps.  I guess I would try to deal with it from a biological perspective and say that we'll never know for sure about the rest until we get there ourselves.
They go into a permanent sleep without the dreams and all the twitching! They don't remember what it was like before being born, so they won't remember anything after death!  It balances itself out! They return to that wonderful energy of the sun so they can give life to the newborn animals.  Works for people too!

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service