When it comes to death, either we or our family has to decide what to do with the body. When I look at countries burying people in layers or like this Jewish Church in the Czech Republic, Kutna Hora, I find myself shaking my head. Link http://www.wayfaring.info/2007/06/09/a-unique-work-of-high-and-late... The same stuff happens in cemeteries. They'll double sell plots now. We stockpile people like cord wood in the ground, or in churches, but what's the end game? Just keep stacking? Why?

Religiously speaking a Jew isn't to be cremated. It's against tradition. Christians are waiting for Jesus to return and since it's going to happen any day now, you should be buried so that he can raise you up. But for Atheists, do any of us want to be buried? I have chosen donating my body to science (gotta finish that paperwork) and the remains will be cremated, not that I care what happens. If you have chosen burial, what drives you to that decision? If not, why not?

For me, I just fantasize that I might be able to add to a statistic understanding or scientific experiment and give a few organs to those in need.

Tags: Burial, Choice, Cremation, Death

Views: 126

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I plan on doing the donation to science and then cremation as well, I would like to think I could go to the body farm for forensic analysis. As long as some good can come from it, I'm all for it.
Ever seen weekend at Bernie's?! I'm kidding.8) If I outlive my immediate family, I want to be donated to science, specifically plastinated; honestly for no other reason than "It is very cool" and my jaw slammed to the floor when I first saw it. If not, then I suppose my family can do what allows them to feel the most closure. Hopefully it's to have me plastinated!

© 2015   Created by umar.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service