I usually post about evolutionary psychology and its relationship to conservative values, but I thought I'd post something light-hearted and different for a change.

I had a glorious childhood. I attended an all-boys private school and I had a blast. I'm still in touch with my friends from school. I also used to roam a lot around my neighbourhood on my own from age 6 onwards and my parents didn't mind at all. I'd walk or cycle to my friends house and we'd get the gang together and do something outside.

These days, I find most children not playing outside. They are usually in front of a screen, either chatting on social media or playing video games. Parents also seem to prefer locking up their kids inside. I don't know why that is.

What was your childhood like? Did you have fun?

How about your school? Did you like it or hate it?

Views: 247

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Why do black teen thugs from the ghetto engage in the knockout game? So that they can become popular - and GET LAID.

What happens to a black who pursuits academic excellence? He is shunned as 'acting white' and he doesn't get laid.

In many ways, sex is the key driving force of male behavior - particularly in teenage youth phase. And a culture in which females reward barbaric behavior with sex can certainly be characterised as a barbaric culture.

Why do Asian/ Jewish/ Indians go for academic pursuits? Because a Jewish doctor is highly sought after by Jewish women for marriage. A successful Indian IT professional can get a beautiful bride.

Channeling sexuality is a key component to determining whether a culture is civilized or barbaric.

RE: Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Seeing that I'm a barbarian......oh, excuse me....I must go hunt my lunch. Can you keep my sabertooth necklace safe for me civ?

Seeing that I'm a barbarian......oh, excuse me....I must go hunt my lunch. Can you keep my sabertooth necklace safe for me civ?

I just asked for a moderator's ruling on this (someone you know well).

At some point it stops being a legitimate conversation about race, and starts being tolerance of grotesque racist stereotyping of Blacks, Asians, Jews and Indians in the forums on TA.

Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Why do black teen thugs from the ghetto engage in the knockout game? So that they can become popular - and GET LAID.

What happens to a black who pursuits academic excellence? He is shunned as 'acting white' and he doesn't get laid.

In many ways, sex is the key driving force of male behavior - particularly in teenage youth phase. And a culture in which females reward barbaric behavior with sex can certainly be characterised as a barbaric culture.

Why do Asian/ Jewish/ Indians go for academic pursuits? Because a Jewish doctor is highly sought after by Jewish women for marriage. A successful Indian IT professional can get a beautiful bride.

Channeling sexuality is a key component to determining whether a culture is civilized or barbaric.

RE: I just asked for a moderator's ruling on this

I hope I didn't cross any lines. It was a joke on myself, saying that I've been attracted to jerks in the past, so by Civ's line of thinking he must think I'm a barbarian....hoping it might make him question his own convictions a little more.....that's all...it was also meant to be a joke (on me) I hope it didn't offend anyone.

Not you, Belle. This.

Childhood:

Family losses due to deaths. This set off questions concerning religion,authority, and logic.

Early interests in sciences and philosophy. Explorations into rockets, chemistry(synthesis & extractions), optics, microbiology, fossil collecting, botany, and environment.

My explorations were both 'fun' and 'enlightening'.

School, was sometimes 'fun', but mostly 'work'. I disliked school because I felt 'confined'. I like much more freedom in my interests, and would take classes as a way pursue my interests more deeply.

Due to racist comments and stereotyping this post is suspended. In future any such commentary will result in immediate account closure.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service