I usually post about evolutionary psychology and its relationship to conservative values, but I thought I'd post something light-hearted and different for a change.

I had a glorious childhood. I attended an all-boys private school and I had a blast. I'm still in touch with my friends from school. I also used to roam a lot around my neighbourhood on my own from age 6 onwards and my parents didn't mind at all. I'd walk or cycle to my friends house and we'd get the gang together and do something outside.

These days, I find most children not playing outside. They are usually in front of a screen, either chatting on social media or playing video games. Parents also seem to prefer locking up their kids inside. I don't know why that is.

What was your childhood like? Did you have fun?

How about your school? Did you like it or hate it?

Views: 247

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Why do black teen thugs from the ghetto engage in the knockout game? So that they can become popular - and GET LAID.

What happens to a black who pursuits academic excellence? He is shunned as 'acting white' and he doesn't get laid.

In many ways, sex is the key driving force of male behavior - particularly in teenage youth phase. And a culture in which females reward barbaric behavior with sex can certainly be characterised as a barbaric culture.

Why do Asian/ Jewish/ Indians go for academic pursuits? Because a Jewish doctor is highly sought after by Jewish women for marriage. A successful Indian IT professional can get a beautiful bride.

Channeling sexuality is a key component to determining whether a culture is civilized or barbaric.

RE: Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Seeing that I'm a barbarian......oh, excuse me....I must go hunt my lunch. Can you keep my sabertooth necklace safe for me civ?

Seeing that I'm a barbarian......oh, excuse me....I must go hunt my lunch. Can you keep my sabertooth necklace safe for me civ?

I just asked for a moderator's ruling on this (someone you know well).

At some point it stops being a legitimate conversation about race, and starts being tolerance of grotesque racist stereotyping of Blacks, Asians, Jews and Indians in the forums on TA.

Would you agree that a male who plays the knock out game can be called a barbarian? Would you also agree that a female who becomes attracted to such a male can also be called a barbarian?

Why do black teen thugs from the ghetto engage in the knockout game? So that they can become popular - and GET LAID.

What happens to a black who pursuits academic excellence? He is shunned as 'acting white' and he doesn't get laid.

In many ways, sex is the key driving force of male behavior - particularly in teenage youth phase. And a culture in which females reward barbaric behavior with sex can certainly be characterised as a barbaric culture.

Why do Asian/ Jewish/ Indians go for academic pursuits? Because a Jewish doctor is highly sought after by Jewish women for marriage. A successful Indian IT professional can get a beautiful bride.

Channeling sexuality is a key component to determining whether a culture is civilized or barbaric.

RE: I just asked for a moderator's ruling on this

I hope I didn't cross any lines. It was a joke on myself, saying that I've been attracted to jerks in the past, so by Civ's line of thinking he must think I'm a barbarian....hoping it might make him question his own convictions a little more.....that's all...it was also meant to be a joke (on me) I hope it didn't offend anyone.

Not you, Belle. This.

Childhood:

Family losses due to deaths. This set off questions concerning religion,authority, and logic.

Early interests in sciences and philosophy. Explorations into rockets, chemistry(synthesis & extractions), optics, microbiology, fossil collecting, botany, and environment.

My explorations were both 'fun' and 'enlightening'.

School, was sometimes 'fun', but mostly 'work'. I disliked school because I felt 'confined'. I like much more freedom in my interests, and would take classes as a way pursue my interests more deeply.

Due to racist comments and stereotyping this post is suspended. In future any such commentary will result in immediate account closure.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Science Isn't About Truth

Started by Ari E. S. in Philosophy. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 minute ago. 18 Replies

Blog Posts

Dead man's Switch

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 11:29pm 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.