As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ha Ha. You have to LOL at that one. Thanks

"Oh are you the person I just called to rake my leaves? I understand how hard this economy is, many people are moon lighting after losing their professional job. You can find the rake next to the fence in front, if you don't have one. I think $10/hr is the going rate? We will talk when you are done, and settle up. Thankyou for coming!"

If they are still there after an hour, pay them $10 and send them on their way. Of course you would really need to have a mean soul to do this.

My last JW encounter included a rather unintended wild rush to our front door with our two puppies, all 112lbs of them, scaring the bejesuses out of the poor woman. I told her that it would be unsafe for her if I opened our screen door to receive the copy of the Watch Tower. If the puppies had gotten out they might have nearly striped her of cloths, and chased her down our drive screaming.

The 'striping of cloths' nearly happens to me every time I get home. More than once have I walked in with my pants hanging around my ankles, after this puppy frisking. LOL LOL LOL 

James you reminded me of a fabulous moment in a pub in the King's Road, Chelsea, about thirty years ago.  A vicar walked in clutching a handful of PLAIN TRUTH magazines and a collecting tin.  Everyone avoided eye contact and kind of found other things to focus on.

Then suddenly, without warning, he cried, "I've had enough of this!  It's you I really want" and proceeded to rip his clothes off in front of a startled girl - yes, he was a stripogram - one of the stranger 1980's customs purchased for a birthday bash.  Needless to say, the whole pub collapsed laughing.

I miss all the really wonderful moments, not drinking..;p)

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 10 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service