As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5296

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And let's not forget opposable thumbs!

I like to ask them about how they pick and choose which parts of the bible to follow.  Why can some of the things in the bible (example: haircuts, tattoos) be ignored, but some things are uncompromising?  If they are all the word of God, why can they ignore some rules, but not others?

And yet modern portraits (admittedly imaginations) show Jesus with long hair.  Hair  which by the way most women would kill for.

Long hair, even though it is condemned in a different part of the bible. And somehow he looks very Anglo-Saxon for being born in the Middle East...

like if you are a woman, don't look like a whore

You forgot: Don't talk in church, don't talk in the presence of men, don't question your husband, and so on.

The bible also say if eating a hamburger causes someone else to sin, don't eat that hamburger!  So, if you ate the hamburger anyway, you would be sinning.

I am interested in the passage where god talks about hamburgers please. Also, that is an absolutely idiotic rule. Then if going to church makes you sin, a la Catholic priests raping children, shouldn't we all not go to church?

When a Christian starts telling me about how merciful their god is I sometimes ask about this little known story from their book.

“Do you think Elisha went a bit OTT in the OT when the children started calling him a “baldy”?

Emmm…looks of confusion etc…is this one of those Atheist trick questions???

Oh you must know that one - when he cursed them for it in the Lord’s name and the two she bears came out of the woods and proceed to tear 42 of the children apart. Why would your god do such a thing? I think he went too far – don’t you?

Sometimes I am told that I am making this up because they have never heard this one. Even if they do know it they are almost forced to agree with me that it was extreme. Make sure you get them to justify why their god would allow this or why they disagree with him.

Google (or check your bibles!!) 2 Kings 2:23-24.to peer review my evidence !!!

Bible study can be fun!! It’s all O.T.T. in the O.T. lol. It's an easy verse number and story to remember.If this Atheist know this book how good will he be on the Gospels (even the Gospel of Thomas)

I like it.

My wife was kinda of miffed to read it when I pointed it out.....not sure if I planted a seed there.

It always amazes me that the people who profess a belief are woefully ignorant of the bible.  It comes as quite a surprise to many of them when you point out something like the story of Elisha.

Big difference- one is true and one is not. Law of non-contradiction comes into play. You do not understand the difference between the two do you? There are major differences.

But they have one thing in common: they're both about a mythical magical sorcerer called Allah by one and Yahweh by the other.

But both come from the same Abrahamic nonsense.

Also, how do you prove that your book is right vs theirs? Or am I just posing another "straw man" for you to ignore?

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 1 Comment

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service