As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why did she call you in the first place, instead of praying for the speaker system to self-repair/?

Hey, if parting a sea is no big deal, not to mention creating a universe, what's a speaker system?

'God's' vanity is ok, yours is not I guess?

Damn, I have a whole list of hardware and supplies, I would like to have, but Nooo...

So all children from the moment of birth should be put out of their misery.  It takes years for them to grow up and accept Jesus.  Until then they are sinners.

So what you are saying is that once again god made us sick, and then hates us because he fucked up? How can a perfect being make mistakes of this magnitude?

Also, the simple fact that you even want to try and justify murder of children makes me sick.

The death of children is very sad.  But we are sinners and sinful from birth, enemies of God.  God punished all of Egypt with the death of their firstborn, even the cattle.  And who are we to say how God should deal with his enemies.

Didn't god harden Pharaoh's heart so that he would have an excuse to murder the children? If he can harden his heart, why not soften it and make sure the Jews would be free?

Who are we to say how god should deal with his enemies? Apparently we are a lot more loving, caring, compassionate, understanding and sane, if this is how he handles his business.

Can you honestly look at the condition of the world and the human race and declare that this god of yours is a godof justice?  No way.

A question I like to ask to all creationists: "How can you imagine an independent Chihuahua living in the nature?"

Oh I love that one.  I pictured Princess, the vicious Chihuahua monster who hates me passionately, surviving in the wild.  I love dogs, but Princess is a deranged pseudo-alpha female wolf-bitch wannabe with some kind of selective Napolean complex.  In the wild, she would have nobody to bring her food to her cushy little bed like her humans do now.

I'll be seeing Princess in a few minutes.  I'm going to taunt her with , "You're no wolf.  I know wolves - and you're not one.  God, out of spite and hatred for the world, created the vicious, loathsome beast that you are.  Why?  I don't know."  

There was no original dog. They evolved from wolves. Genetic mutation is not "always bad". That is a christian idea of evolution.

I'd wager everyone has their preferences, but, personally,I would highly recommend the set of mutations that allows us to experience pleasurable orgasms.

@Paul McKinney

The mutation that gives those of recent African decent an increased immunity to malaria is 'good', in my opinion at least.  The mutation that gives Ashkenazi Jews an increase immunity to tuberculosis is 'good', in my opinion.  The various mutations that allow extremophiles to live in extreme environments are good for them - don't you think.  Did you need some more specific examples?

I would say the genetic mutations that ultimately allowed us to walk upright, which resulted in even more mutations that allowed for larger brain development than our ancestors, and led, finally to the development of speech.

RSS

Forum

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 54 minutes ago. 44 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 57 minutes ago. 4 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Cato Rigas 3 hours ago. 5 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service