As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5374

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Good- it is still valid.

It is. So what if you're wrong about Zeus? You lose nothing if you believe in him. You lose everything if you don't.

Sadly, Dave, I heard of the wager first about 1976, and worked on a philosophy paper dealing with the classical proofs of 'God/god' about 1982. You seem to be a rather young and nieve fellow, attempting to impress the many here, that cut our eye teeth on such material while you where still suckling.

Pascal's actual writings might be a real education for you, should you wish to indulge. You may not know of Pascal's interests in probability theory and gambeling?

Even the script you are using  for trying to convince a young theist recruit, is of quiet old contruction. This script was first heard by me about 1972, and I have heard it refluxed and carelessly delivered by such as you since, with little traction. I used to have a collection of these little mass-produced booklets. Each one with slitely different sophist ploys. You might even be reading one of these as you write your emails?

The script has been reformed, and only with minor updates since, and has been accepted as a standard sophist sales ploy by many if not most telemarketers!   

Please do us all a favor, and do some real intellectual work. Your theist obcession just rings hollow here.

@James Cox - RE: "probability theory and gambling" - I long ago combined those two endeavors into a single theorem: the odds are with the House.

They accurately recorded the events and there were thousands who did wee. They are considered reliable accounts. Do you have any 1st century accounts to the contrary? Any way you have already struck out from before.

I hope they didn't all wee at the same time or hundreds might have drowned.

My reliable account is Josephus - the earliest historian to take note of the roots of your cult and a man who wasn't the least big moved by their rhetoric.

RE: "there were thousands who did wee." - was this some kind of bizarre contest, an early Olympic Event, or what?

Fine, maybe you can tell me who Jesus is?

You mean that guy hanging out down by the home depot looking for a day job?  He's just a family man trying to make a living.

@Heather - on that note, I have a friend who tests in a number of schools with a largely Hispanic student population, and a primarily Anglo Teacher composition. The teachers nearly always, he tells me, Americanize the children's names - Jorje becomes George, Juan, John, ect, until it comes to Jesus, which is always pronounced "hey-sus," never Jesus - ironic.

Maybe you need to see my email to you on the outside sources about Jesus you said did not exist. 

@Dave Stallworth

Your e-mail, just like your outside sources, does not exist.  I'm assuming you think Josephus met Jesus or even wrote about him - but Josephus only ever wrote about the burgeoning cult of Jesus that was spreading during his day.  The rest of the 'sources' you cult devotees offer all run along these lines - not one eye witness account of a supposed miracle by Jesus.

RSS

Forum

gay marriage decision

Started by Dale Headley in Small Talk 8 hours ago. 0 Replies

Is there an energy resource with such attributes?

Started by ỮŊĐÜムņĮØńệ尺 in Physics, Astronomy, Cosmology. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 9 hours ago. 2 Replies

Beautiful Tresses....a Vision of FREEDOM!!!!!

Started by Belle Rose in Society. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror yesterday. 8 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service