As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

How about this, Dave, there is no evidence that there is a god - now, I don't need complete knowledge the universe, to have looked in every crater of every planetoid, to say that!

Lately I like to ask them, "What would a child have to do that would anger you so much that you would want to douse them in gasoline and set them on fire - then put the fire out, nurse them back to health, then douse them an light them again, repeatedly, for as long as you possibly could?"

Do you eat shellfish, shrimp, crabs, lobster?

Yeah, and how about some of the nonsense in Leviticus?: "Do not plant your field with two different kinds of seed. Do not wear clothing woven from two different kinds of thread." I won't even get into the parts gay haters use to justify their attitude.

How comfortable are you with the idea that whether creationists are correct if a natural explanation is correct, both solutions require some degree of incest?
Alternately:
How comfortable are you with the idea that Jesus most probably looked more like Osama bin Laden circa 2002 than the more popularly depicted version Jim Morrison circa 1967.

Or even:
I'm new to town and play the vuvuzela. How big is the local Christmas parade?

That bit about getting eternal life after your die - could you run that by me again please? How exactly does it work?

Does the bible tell us how long it took Noah to sail from the north pole to the south pole in order to keep the polar bears and penguins from meeting?

So if the whole world was flooded, what's up with fresh water and salt water fish? If the bible were correct, couldn't fresh water fish live in the ocean and vice versa? check-and-MATE

It doesn't really matter how many paradoxical questions you ask a theist... when they can't answer it, they just say god did some magic. That's their out for literally anything.

This has been a truly inspiring thread.

Everyone's input has been much appreciated. Even the deluded.

I've laughed pretty hard at some of the replies...watery eyes a couple of times.

The internet has opened me up to a world of atheists whom I didn't know even existed.

It's actually got me writing poetry again.

I might post a couple of them.

What is your basis for saying most atheists don't know what language Jesus spoke? Was a study done? Did you ask 100 atheists?

I thought I said "theists". I don't actually know any atheists.

I guess I should have stated that any theists I've actually asked did not have the answer, to my recollection.

Apologies for any misleading....I state most of what I say from personal experiences with the believers. Which has been a life long bombardment.

I'm not a big reader so most of the stuff from books I don't know. I like instruction manuals because they are usually full of facts.

Oops. I stand corrected.

RSS

Atheist Sites

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service