As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That introduces a lot of complications.

yes it most certainly does.

That's an awesome way of stating that...LOL

Short and sweet.

Therefore he cannot be around YOU. Seeing as you stated earlier that you were a sinner, and you struggle with that.

Did you really say that and mean that?

That would mean that you worship someone for whom it is not possible to be around you.

That makes no sense whatsoever.

That's when you should give up the ghost right there.

Still believe what you say?

I don't think you have actually sat down and really thought about this whole god thing. I say that because you would not come up with the same answers.

Clearly your compulsion to be made a fool of here is based on an obsession of some sort. You need to see a therapist.

@Paul McKinney

What infinite crime have you committed that deserves infinite punishment?  Why are you pardoned from your infinite crime for believing that your god committed suicide?

I have known some rich people that can't be around, working people. Racists that can't share a space with black people. Republicans that can't share the world with Democrates. Prudists that can't share a beach with nudists......

So what makes 'God' so holy? Sorry If I can't afford that three piece gold suit that seems all the rage, or that my wings are a little off color.

Seems like, if 'God' came down to earth, in the form of Christ, he would have aleast found a taste for dates, and preference for camel dung fire pits. Asking for sacrificed burned animals should have hardened him to very hardy earth smells. Why is he so holy in heaven, but likes the smell of burned flesh? NIMBY maybe?

But if he created sin, which it says so in the bible, how can he not be around it? Also, how can he hang out with Satan and bet on what Job's breaking point will be? Making a person suffer in horrible ways, the way Job did, just to win a bet, is pretty assholeish, and I'm pretty sure is a sin. Therefore, god is also a sinner, and since he can't be around sin, he cannot be around himself, thus posing quite a conundrum. Therefore, no god.

@Milos - Ah, but in the end, he gave Job a new family - you know, like your little kid's puppy gets run over, so you get her a new one? One size fits all?

The sad thing is that I actually had a theist use that as an explanation to the Job story. Not in the exact words you used, but the whole "Well, he got a better family afterwards!"

You never replace a family OR a puppy.

Favorite question for theists:  if your arm were amputated, would you pray for God to regrow it?  

I think you are wrong. The answer has to be yes. It's only natural.

RSS

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 1 Comment

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service