As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If he was, he did it way before modern times. There are very ancient depictions over impossibly busty or big-bottomed women.

"...older at the start."

Let me get this straight: God can make a planet which on the day of its birth is 6K years old.

How does that work? Oh, I forgot: "And then a miracle happened."

@Paul McKinney

If Yahweh created the earth 6,000 years ago, but created all the evidence of a false history to suggest it is billions of years old - then how do you know he didn't create the earth last Thursday, just filling in the last 6,000 + 13.7994 billion years with false evidence?

Yes. Not only that, this entire drama could just be a dream in Paul's mind. Paul could be the only person God created, and Paul would be none the wiser. Of course, he could also be in a pod in The Matrix.

I was going to say, "Or, like you, he could be a legend in his own mind --" but that would have been trite and petty, wouldn't it? So i won't say it.

So, did Paul answer in a private message, or is this just one more comment that goes unreplied to?

Why would god deliberately lie to the astronomers, geologists, biologists, geneticists by making things 'appear' far older than they really were? 

Isn't that lying?  Isn't God the god of truth?  Why would he lie?

Surely it wouldn't be hard for God to give us the true age of the earth and universe and to make the physical evidence match the written.

RE: "God does not do evil, but he does use evil for his purpose." -

Isiah 45:7 --

"I form the light, and create darkness: I make piece, and create evil: I the Lord do all these things."

I really gotta read that shit one of these days. It's seems to be so full of god's asshattery, it's almost like satire.

Yes, even if God lined up babies and used them for target practice, that would just be the unfolding of his majestic and perfect plan. He works in mysterious ways, as they say.

Every Christian agrees that the ESV is best, or it's a better translation because it more agrees with your interpretations?

I'm thinking they've heard so many criticisms arise out of the KJV, that someone said, "How can we tone this down?" - the spin doctors got together and a newer, more god-friendly version was born.

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 3 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service