As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5285

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Ok, my knee jerk reaction is to think that Neanderthals fled Europe when modern humans arrived, and remained nomadic as they pushed east, unable to find uninhabited lands for the taking.  That would mean greatly reduced evidence of them being in any one place.  Perhaps their DNA was required to cross the Bering Straight.

ooh good one. 

reminds me of: "if the universe couldn't have existed forever, and 'needed' something to have created it, why can God exist forever and not 'need' his own creator?"

Where in The Bible does it deny that God has hands or breath?

Why is He a He?  Where are his testicles?  How can an ethereal being have a gender?  Seriously, that is a big objection of mine.  I would have the same argument if God were said to be a female, but that's not the point.  It is highly suspicious to me that your God is the same gender as those who were in power and literate at the time. 

It's hard to imagine the cause for his prejudice against women for being particularly morally weak, then.

Also, where is the scriptural justification for an asexual Yahweh?

Well, you believe men and women have spirits, so you don't believe in sexed spirits. If a man and wife meet in Heaven, what are they then? Just friends, not man and wife?

Does that mean my wives will get to fight over me - again --?

@Paul McKinney - you mean Jesus was a hermaphrodite!?!

At first I read "hermaphrodite" as "homosexual," in which case I was going to ask if he was a pitcher or catcher, a spitter or swallower.

@Unseen

I believe that, in the day, the correct euphemism was 'bone smuggler'.

LOL

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 13 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service