As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5293

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Why would they need to fear a "loving" god? It saddens me how religion carries such similar symptoms to the Stockholm Syndrome. :S

Also, again you are justifying MURDER OF CHILDREN!

And I'm pretty sure a booming voice telling them to shut up would have been sufficient. But, boy does god LOVE blood and death!

Not sure if anyone else pointed this out, but your questions assume you're addressing someone who'd not a Young Earther. They would first reply that the according to the Bible the Earth is only 10 Thousand years old not 10 Billion....

Of the hundreds of religions and gods that people all over the planet believe in, why did you reject all others in favor of Christianity? Once you have that answer, you'll understand why I reject one more.

Paul are you saying my behavior doesn't matter as long as I believe.

If you really believe then you will want to act according to what Jesus has said. So you want to behave and that is a journey forever- a great one and an exciting one.

@Dave Stallworth

Why didn`t Jesus write anything down?  The new testament is full of so many contradictions, and there are so many writings that were excluded (by whom, I wonder) that one is left to conclude that Jesus never wanted to start an actual church.  Either that, or he was really inept.

He skipped class. Seriously, though, you're right: there's no evidence Jesus was literate. Quite the orator, though the stuff he said was pretty crazy shit.

I prefer your first statement. If I simply believe, I'm in. That makes the whole moral authority wielded by the Church a moot point. I'm running out of time, I have sins to commit, but I'm sorry for it, and I believe.

I see your Pascal's wager and I'll raise you a Murder, two Adultries, and a Covet of one kind or the other.
I see you've got the hang of this sin thing. There is a Bible in my Vegas hotel room, but I don't get why. No one took the time to highlight all of the sins I should be commiting in Sin City, so what use is it?
Ahh. What a person could do with a Bible and 24 hours in Vegas, Kris. ;^)

But Jesus died for our sins! Past, present and future. So if we don't sin, he died for nothing.

We stopped believing in fairies and look what happened to Tinkerbelle!

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 28 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service