As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5299

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

RE: "By the way, use the ESV next time.. it's a better translation." - In whose opinion? And if yours, why?

God's opinion, you fool! Paul had a vision in which God appeared as a burning bonsai and said, "In my opinion, Paul, the ESV is the best translation of The Bible."

It gets pretty easy to worship a God that comes with a built-in get out of jail free card. Theists are wired differently. Even my kids would say "WTF?" at that bit of logical absolution.

Really?

lol

nice....lol

I've used it mid laugh for decades.

"Were there any children on the planet when God flooded it? What about Sodom and Gomorrah? I have a hard time believing that there weren't, given humanity's ability to breed like fucking jack rabbits..."

Some of these questions could easily be dismissed. All they would say is something like "well gawd works in mysterious ways", or "our gawd can do whatever da fuck he wanna do, because he is gawd". We come with questions that aren't so easy to dismiss, like Did Judas did judas hang himself, our did he jump of a cliff as your bible has a couple renditions of his so called suicide?

OMG! There are too many ones to count. lol... I guess I just put a few down here:

1. You say you want equal time for creationism? Okay... I demand that you teach ALL creationisms with equal time.... (start naming off as many different creation myths as possible... the more bizarre the better.)

2. If Adam and Eve were the first humans and doesn't that mean that Cains wife was his sister? Or did Adam feel like "sharing?"

3. How did God create light before the sun or the stars?

4. If Satan is a great deceiver... how do you know that you've really been following God and not Satan?

5. If everything was intelligently designed... it looks like the designer had no idea what he was doing! Look at how sloppy his work is! 

Science tells us we are all descended from one female, so I guess incest is in our blood,

If you are talking about mitochondrial Eve, that doesn't require incest.

Realistically speaking though, there's probably quite a bit of incest in our ancestral heritage.

Whatever kind of incest it takes. The family that plays together stays together. ;)

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service