As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?
You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.
I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....
"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"
Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.
Another of my favourites is this one...
"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"
There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.
So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.
RE: "By the way, use the ESV next time.. it's a better translation." - In whose opinion? And if yours, why?
God's opinion, you fool! Paul had a vision in which God appeared as a burning bonsai and said, "In my opinion, Paul, the ESV is the best translation of The Bible."
I've used it mid laugh for decades.
"Were there any children on the planet when God flooded it? What about Sodom and Gomorrah? I have a hard time believing that there weren't, given humanity's ability to breed like fucking jack rabbits..."
OMG! There are too many ones to count. lol... I guess I just put a few down here:
1. You say you want equal time for creationism? Okay... I demand that you teach ALL creationisms with equal time.... (start naming off as many different creation myths as possible... the more bizarre the better.)
2. If Adam and Eve were the first humans and doesn't that mean that Cains wife was his sister? Or did Adam feel like "sharing?"
3. How did God create light before the sun or the stars?
4. If Satan is a great deceiver... how do you know that you've really been following God and not Satan?
5. If everything was intelligently designed... it looks like the designer had no idea what he was doing! Look at how sloppy his work is!
Science tells us we are all descended from one female, so I guess incest is in our blood,
If you are talking about mitochondrial Eve, that doesn't require incest.
Realistically speaking though, there's probably quite a bit of incest in our ancestral heritage.
Whatever kind of incest it takes. The family that plays together stays together. ;)