As the title says..."what's your favourite question to ask a theist"?

You may have many favourites...I would like to hear from you guys about yours.

I have a personal favourite which I often use when they start spouting their spew that GOD wrote the bible at the beginning of time, he created everything....

"OK. If GOD wrote the BIBLE at the beginning of time like you say...some 14.5 BILLION, that's BILLION years ago, What language was it written in?"

Most theists I know don't even know what language JESUS spoke. It's sad really.

Another of my favourites is this one...

"Why did it take GOD 10 BILLION years to make the planet EARTH and then a further 4.5 BILLION years to make MAN?"

There's always a spewy reply of some sort or another which usually gets my goat and the theist is appalled at my outburst of laughter.

So come on you guys....let 'em have it....share your ammo with us.

Views: 5369

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

One of my favorite bumper stickers, the christian fish eating the atheist/humanist fish. It seems to me that they would atleast get their own humor. Darwinian theory does not care who is 'fit' to survive. The next fish to come along could have a corporate logo, poor little fishy..;p)

wonderful reply.

Love it. BIG LOL.

The 'devil' is in the details. This is why they stop thinking at the appropriate time, else it falls apart like a bad icecream cone!

indeed

funny

William, your questions would be refuted by a fundamentalist as they would claim the Earth is only like 6000 years old.

And I would laugh in their face sir.

It's usually has the upsetting effect intended.

"If Jesus is God in the form of man, then there's about a 1 in 10 chance he was gay, right?"

LMAO.

That's some funny stuff...LOL

There is about a 51% chance that 'God' in female, and maybe a 54% chance of being Republican. Given the number of beetle species, he/she could have a beetle fetish on top of it! I wonder what the probabilty could be in food preferences, curry, or tex-mex?

lmao! great one!

Here's another along the same lines:

It doesn't look like God created the universe for us, it looks like he created it for black holes. Afterall, the conditions are imperfect for human habitation but quite perfect for creating black holes. Don't you think it's more likely that God created black holes in his image?

Interesting, I did suggest that the church could have a 'event horizon', making it hard to leave without sacrificing something, like trust.

I thought a lot about this, and came up with a lot of questions, but the only one I want an honest answer to (but can't possibly get) is:

"Do you really think the Bible makes any sense?"

No matter what the answer is, my follow-up would have to be:

"Do you think you're not insane?"

RSS

Forum

Babies Are Not Born Atheists

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by archaeopteryx 2 hours ago. 2 Replies

Gideons International

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 3 hours ago. 3 Replies

Draw Muhhamed day was yesterday Bring out your drawings

Started by ThyPlagueDoctor in Small Talk. Last reply by ThyPlagueDoctor 13 hours ago. 4 Replies

Bible Belt Promiscuity

Started by Dante in Advice. Last reply by Dr. Bob 3 hours ago. 11 Replies

am i the only athiest that believes in spirits

Started by Katie Patterson in Small Talk. Last reply by archaeopteryx 2 hours ago. 33 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service