What percentage of Think Atheist members are Humanists?

I've created a survey with the SurveyMonkey tool. I am curious to understand the link between atheists, agnostics and humanists. Only one question for people to answer, and it's anonymous.

Thank you

Views: 299

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

BUMP!

only 17 responses to the survey, need more. Only one question to answer, super fast :)

If you agree that Humanism is defined thus:

Then yes I am a humanist.

I like that definition......  count me in as well.
I agree to that definition, and I would call myself a humanist.
I do not know how to vote, but I am a humanist and belong to a group of humanists who meet every other Wednesday

did you go to the link?  survey

only 22 votes, still a long way to go
I really have to say that I can't vote without an accurate definition of 'humanist'.  On the other hand, I definitely do not self identify as a 'humanist' specifically because of the lack of a clear definition.  I do 'consider' myself a humanist, however, at least by the definition "A secular ideology which espouses reason, ethics, and justice, whilst specifically rejecting supernatural and religious dogma as a basis of morality and decision-making."

A selfdescription for me would have to say : "Organic Altruistic Secular Humanist" .  that pretty much nails it right on the head !

voted.
I'm featuring this in hopes that it gets a little more traffic.  Sure, its' not really a discussion at the moment, but I think it's an interesting question, and it will yield something worth while if enough people respond.
Good idea. :)

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 3 minutes ago. 29 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 33 minutes ago. 50 Replies

The Shinto Flower among the Weeds of Religion

Started by Cato Rigas in Advice. Last reply by Ward Cressin 13 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 2 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service