I've been having this big problem understanding what part a human is if I am the brain. You can cut off part of you're brain apparently up to half of it and still be somewhat functional but what I cant figure out is what part is a human in the brain.

Thought about it and you came from a single cell and the brain grew bigger so am I some small part in my brain or a collective of instincts driven parts spread out all over the brain + memory?

What is a human really...

Tags: Brain

Views: 99

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

dude, you're older and i know smarted however how can half a brain surgery with minimal change state? The interesting part is I got this from 1 show I saw, how much I don't know is boggling

The article by the way says with no change to personality.

"A human is any organism that can successfully produce fertile offspring with us." Sorry but that is a circular definition imo.

Who is this 'with us' you are refering to? Otherwise it reads : "A human is any organism that can successfully produce fertile offspring with other humans". Matt is right, this is circular.

Well, according to philosophy, the bundle theory states that we are nothing more than our biology, environment, past experience, and memory (the reason for the distinction between past experience and memory is that memory can be false.) In short there is really no such thing a a self, unlike the woo woo soul theory.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service