What "n" ways would you deal with the next jehovah's witness at your door?

After my previous dicussion my brain almost melted trying to hold my own and bringing over my thoughts against a seemingly furious community. Still enjoying myself by the way.

So now I thought of a game ish discussion.

How would you deal with the next jehovah witness at your door?

Would you argue them?

Would you ignore them?

For sure argueing is the funniest.

For example try to use logic of human behaviour. Get them to admit that the easiest way to find a liar is by asking questions and waiting for someone to change their background story. Then ofcourse wack in some slick examples of how first the church banished science and is now addapting to its ideas.

Or you could go by logic-loop. Seeing as the bible is the word of god it is absolute. So if there was a contradiction in the bible it would undo all of existence. Then whip out Mozes and the 10 commandments and how they dont mean jack shit to jezus who will forgive you for anything but the denial of the existence of the holy spirit.

I am really interested as to how people would have their fun in an actual debate against the messengers of god.

Views: 112

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I believe it is legal to squirt trespassers with a hose......ask them to leave, when they stick around to chat some more, pull out the hose!

I usually try to ignore them but if they see me in the house I go and tell them I am not interested. I always thought some kind of Atheistic slogan on the door might deter them, would love suggestions on that but maybe that should be another topic.....I'll go make it now!

Sry, we not interested in your mindless dogma. 

(Photo posted in another thread :) )

I had some fun when I was in university and we were getting harrassed by JW's every damn weekend - so my flatmate and I found ourselves a tape of goats and chanting, and got a bucket of blood from the butchers ....
When they came up to the door we were half neked with symbols painted all over us in blood and chanting in the background with goats bleating, we opened the door, turned to each other and said "The initiates must be clensed!" then hurled the blood out the front door.
It took them about a month to get over this - at which time they started desparately trying to save our souls on a daily basis. Eventually we had to relent - admit it was a stunt and tell them that it was because we couldn't stand the harrassment and that if they continued we would involve the police.
so it backfired - but the looks on their faces was absolutely priceless
I had a bunch of words ready for these Jehovah's who knocked on my door, but when I opened it, this woman had brought her two small children along with her, and the young girl said, "We're handing out invitations" and gave me a pamphlet... It was really so sad to see someone so young being brainwashed by this woman who I assumed was their mother. Really terrible. If it had just been the woman I would've told her to get lost, but she had to go and bring her damn kids...

i can feel you on this one...my heart goes out to all the children

i was raised JW and it royally sucked.  I had to give up my Saturday mornings and afternoons to go door-to-door (and gosh i so didnt' want to run into any of my school friends).  At 16 i hauled ass out of there. :-D

i can say that i felt somewhat brainwashed.. thank goodness i now see the light.

To me the social factor for JW children is the worst....i could never attend any functions with friends that were not JW, i never had a x-mas, or a birthday... pft now that i think of it we didn't even have cable (so that we could not be influenced)

So if there's anyone that has tons to say to them... i have P-L-E-N-T-Y to say when they come knocking on my door.

Me too, and you have the same story that we all have.  It's just enough proof that this cult ruins lives and steals childhoods and development.
Mahti thanks for sharing. Would love to hear about more experiences, maybe a blog about them?
Thanks... I've never thought about that before... a blog would be a great :-)
My once employers wife was JW and stooped to using her kid to try to convert me ....
I initially discussed it with her when I started - made it plain that we would get along fine as long as religion was left alone.

So the bright woman decided that she'd use her son as a gambit. Over lunch she decided to use her son to try to convert me. After asking her if she really wanted to have this discussion, I proceeded to chat to her son - who I believe is now solidly atheistic
She refuses to talk to me (big loss there eh?)

I asked politely, what do these people want?

i tend to discuss what they believe with them and only use their bible!

jw's are easy!! you only need ask them 3 questions, 2 of which they will be glad to share and the third they have NO answer for...

1) what verse is your faith founded on?

they will gladly answer Isaiah 43:10 -

Isaiah 43:10

King James Version (KJV)

10Ye are my witnesses, saith the LORD, and my servant whom I have chosen: that ye may know and believe me, and understand that I am he: before me there was no God formed, neither shall there be after me.

I usually smile and say what a great verse that is..

then i ask them

2) what does it say in John 1:1?

to which they will read -

John 1:1

King James Version (KJV)

John 1

1In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.

their bible spells the last word god, not God meaning they don't agree with the translation of theos used in both instances. their bible tells them that it must be translated as deos or god in the generic sense or jesus MUST be God as well as he made that claim. so, that leads to ...

3) to which other god are you refering to??

any answer they give you will be wrong and NOT a sanctioned answer by the Watchtower society. there is no answer as they choose to ignore all the rules of greek to fit their theology...

then they smile and leave and i am never bothered again!

[like]
A pair of Jehovah's Witnesses came to our door once, and asked "Have you accepted the Lord Jesus as your saviour?". My father thought it was a rather curious question, and replied, "No. Have you accepted Muhammad as yours?" They turned around and walked away. We had never seen a JW before, or knew of their methods, so my father was only asking what he thought to be a reasonable question. The religious don't like reasonable questions...

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service