What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6273

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Tell me, how would you respond if the same thing happened to you, ? btw bigfoot has been discovered to be a rare bear... which is something terrestrial and not extraterrestrial.

I can't tell you how I would've reacted as a child. Now, I would discount it completely. Seeing footsteps and deducing they belong to the person you were just thinking of is a just a lapse in judgement, a logical fallacy. Seeing aliens and honestly believing to have been in a ship with one, having conversed with one, etc? I would discount that as either vivid childhood imagination, a coping mechanism, or a dream that turned into a memory. There have been quite a few documentations on "false memory" where people can, often unknowingly, create memories of events that never actually took place. People can create memories of childhood events that never happened, and "recall" them in adulthood. You can google a bit and I'm sure you'll come across a lot of interesting links on that. Neuroscientists have been studying this.

And last but not least, to paraphrase Hitchens a bit, I would ask myself

"What is more likely? That an advanced and enlightened alien life form chose me, a child, to reveal itself in secret to mentor me, even though it could change all of human history by ending all wars and ushering in an era of peace and knowledge by doing so publicly, or that my senses just betrayed me?"

Well it is something to think about first before jumping to the conclusion about my experience. The footsteps were not there before, and were there after her visit. She had a shoe size of 12, and her height was 7 feet slightly larger than your average woman indigenous to Earth, well she was not entirely woman alone but a hermaphrodite. Then having been shown a holographic display of planets and star maps, and recordings of her society's arts and culture which would be a subject of taboo on this planet, and often people are not open in educating youngsters about love, intimacy and reproduction, and often mention the "stalk" for dropping babies, is also something to consider, since I started drawing what I has seen soon after the visit, which had got me into trouble with my religious parents, who never even provided education and their beliefs of the matter before the event, and were quite surprised to how much I knew from before and after the event, where their perception of Anananiah being an angel turned into her being a demon and an agent of Satan. In the isolation of a religious family where the bible is there law and constitution, and the heavy hand of censorship was strongly forced onto me on what I was allowed to watch, and what I was not allowed to watch on TV, and they too were very strict and selective with children's programs who had been passed by the country's board of censorship, but provided the censorship because it was not kosher to their religious beliefs. There was no internet back those days, they were mind boggled from what I learned from Anananiah at the time, and it made them scared, because Anananiah also brought up the conspiracy about my gender issues which i had feelings about, which over 10 years later came out as fact, and my parents kept it from me. If it was not for Anananiah, I would have been more in the dark with my gender dysphoria and would not know why puberty was working opposite to what my parents were trying to bring me up as.

Now THAT, k, is a far more civil approach!

so what you saying my mind materialized the footprints ?

No, actually he's saying that he needs to feel superior to someone, and the easiest way of doing that is to beat up on someone he perceives to be weaker than he.

A few times I have had this funny feeling that something was not 'there' a moment ago till I looked again. I would like to think that just collapsed a local probability wave, but really think that I am not a 100% perfect observer...;-(...

I don't think you saw a couple of responses I left on page 22, but I explain there how this experience can be equated to being interpreted as a religious experience. If you hadn't seen the posts, you could click the link above.

I'm not sure if you're familiar with N,N-DMT, but I left a couple of posts on page 22 that explains a little bit about it, along with some links that go over some of the details about DMT. It's basically the most powerful hallucinogen on the planet, and it's also present naturally within our brains. Some people can experience it naturally, while others can take it in the form of a drug as in the case of ayahuasca or smoking pure N,N-Dimethyltryptamine extracted from natural plants in a laboratory.

Now, the experience that follows, for some people, is often the unmistakable feeling of having gone to a "place," and this "place" is faceted with racing, iridescent fractals that race across what seem like are "walls," but you can't be entirely sure. In other words, this stuff, if you were to smoke it, can come on within 15 to 45 seconds, and you're propelled into a world of 100% hallucination, and the duration of this experience can last between 5 minutes to 15 minutes. However, these "hallucinations" can give the impression of being at a "place," and it's not a blurry or vague experience, these racing geometric patterns often have a coherency to them, and they move in a very rational fashion. Some people even report meeting "entities" of a very strange nature.

However, you don't have to smoke this stuff to have this experience, some people can naturally induce it, sometimes through meditation, and other times it can occur for no seeming reason at all. Alan Watts called this a "natural satori." 

My point is that if you were to have this experience, and you hadn't in your background the concept of "UFOs" and you didn't know what an "alien" was, you could very easily interpret your experience as something else, especially as something religious. You may think that you were meeting God or something God-like during that experience, while another person who was quite aware of the concept of extraterrestrials, may interpret it as an "alien." This is because people can only deal with it through images that they know. You know, Marshall McLuhan once said, "We drive into the future using only our review mirror," and that's sort of what it is going on when people interpret these experiences, but I believe this is what MikeLong means when he said that this experience can also be equated to a "God delusion." Maybe he wasn't referring to DMT directly, but maybe indirectly.

Of course, the person experiencing it isn't going to refer to it as "delusion," just as you wouldn't call your experience a "hallucination." It only appears as a God delusion or hallucination from the vantage point of MikeLong's perspective or any skeptic observing and evaluating it from the outside.

So maybe, just maybe it's not that you have "super powers" or "telekinesis," but that you may have had a natural induction of N,N-DMT. I think it's perfectly plausible, and at first glance at these posts, you may disagree. But I think you'd be alarmed if you actually looked into the matter and did a little research on DMT. I think "www.erowid.org" is a great place to start. There's plenty of information on DMT that you'll find there, a long with "trip reports." If you scroll down to the "Experiences" section, you'll find some stories people were willing to share about their experiences. Perhaps you can relate to them.

What I experienced is nothing like it, and as I repetitively state again, that if my experience is like what you say here, then I am able to create matter from nothing, which violates the laws of physics. Such as imagining a being into a reality, that she has mass , and dimension, and capable of leaving footprints, also her space craft where she landed in the open plot of land managed press and burn marks into the grass and soil ,

This is illogical and not suitable for my experience, and if you argue, you saying that my brain is the equivalent to God,... making shit up thats not real into real physical objects with mass and density. -_-

Um, create matter from nothing? I have to assume that this response wasn't meant for me or was it? I'm really not sure. Did you take a look at page 22, ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp? Just curious. I basically offer my take on "extraterrestrials" there in a nutshell.

Yes I did read through it, and don't agree that it accounts for my experience.

I've been taught that it's very impolite to discuss another person in their presence but it's impossible not to in a forum environment.

I thought it was not to talk about someone behind their back.

Interesting observation to Morgan Matthew and all of the Powers That Be - this, from Kris (moderator) Feenstra to kOrsan:

"personal attacks are against the forum guidelines. 'Illiterate idiot' falls into the personal attacks categories."

And yet, from Heather Spoonheim,

"Hey, you were being a cunt, got flack back, and ended up all butt hurt.  That's your issue and you can keep it."

- somehow escapes attention - hmmmm.

I DO oppose censorship, I have always maintained that, but selective censorship is even more of a problem for me.

RSS

Forum

What would happen...

Started by Griffin Buckerfield in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 53 minutes ago. 3 Replies

"I'm Christian and I vote."

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 12 hours ago. 39 Replies

Blog Posts

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 0 Comments

Cool Vehicle Inspection!

Posted by Ed on October 18, 2014 at 9:03am 1 Comment

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service