What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6239

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I agree with that, more possible than a stargate :p

I have no problem with that statement - there are those on this thread (though hopefully, -+1) who fail to comprehend the concept of compassion.

I know, but they are nothing compared to some of the things I experienced with people, to be honest it is far safer on the internet sometimes... apart from facebook, where you say something, and find the police or even G4S at your door 30 minutes later, which I have experienced before.

I've been taught that it's very impolite to discuss another person in their presence but it's impossible not to in a forum environment.

In my opinion Danielle's take on ETs is way "off", and I have not pulled any punches in saying so.

Some of the stuff she's found and posted is laughable. What's been overlooked is that Danielle herself, in some cases, has joined in the laughter. She has not, as far as I can see, claimed the existence of any proof supporting the existence of ETs - she's posted entirely on-topic stuff which she thought to be interesting on the subject. Given that we are now on page 48 of this thread, she's clearly not alone.

I see a few posters attacking her claims and, unfortunately, some attacking her personally. There are a few others being kind and, I must say, condescending. She does not need protecting. She's a big girl with strong opinions and, despite all these attacks, she continues to return and make comments on the material - definitely not the persona of a victimized weakling.

Also she's no dummy. She has posted comments on other threads which were intelligible and topical.

While I find it hard to understand how she can be so matter-of-fact in discussing ideas everyone else finds extraordinary, she finds it hard to understand how I could possibly equate ET delusions with God delusions. This doesn't stop me from believing that she an entirely sweet and likable person.

I am, however, mildly traumatized by seeing posters ALL of whom I admire greatly at each others' throats. We have a LOT in common. Can we please take a step back and pretend that we are all in the same room. There's no way we would speak to each other with such disdain and derision were we gathered together face-to-face.

Peace,

At least what you've said was said respectfully.  I really appreciate that.  I try to be that way myself.  If I am involved in the bit about talking about others in any way, I object!  I was trying to talk about ideas, and then was treated condescendingly which, of course, I became angry about.  I tend to avoid conflict here, especially with people who will rip me to shreds.  Never mind being protective of others - I am being protective of myself and trying to speak my mind at the same time. 

I have found that the only way to peacefully get along with some people here is to never oppose them.  I generally do that but it gets old. 

I am, however, mildly traumatized by seeing posters ALL of whom I admire greatly at each others' throats. We have a LOT in common. Can we please take a step back and pretend that we are all in the same room. There's no way we would speak to each other with such disdain and derision were we gathered together face-to-face.

While this is true for many of us, myself included, I think a select few here would be every bit as vicious in person.  I would like to think otherwise, but I have no desire to find out.  I would love to find out I am wrong or to have things change for the better.  However, I am not in control of other people's behavior.

How many times do we need to listen to other people be incredibly insensitive and callous before we have to say something?  When do we say something?   Do we speak up only when it is directed at us? 

For the record, there have been many,many times I have thought, "Unbelievable!  What an arrogant, nasty, completely inhumane thing to say!" but have not said anything for fear of the unpleasantness then being directed at me. While I am concerned about others, my motive is mostly self-preservation and keeping the peace in general. 

I am going to throw something in regards to this "While I find it hard to understand how she can be so matter-of-fact in discussing ideas everyone else finds extraordinary, she finds it hard to understand how I could possibly equate ET delusions with God delusions. This doesn't stop me from believing that she an entirely sweet and likable person."

I actually find it hard to understand someone to identify someone who has had a genuine extraterrestrial experience as the same as the "God delusion" when, they have physically experienced something. Some cases of claimed experiences , there is no physical evidence experienced by the contacted, and can be seen to be related to the "God delusion" on a psychological level.

Now, having had foootprints of the being that visited the contactee or even an implant or even landing marks where the craft had been does not fully discredit the contactee even if they did not gather up more evidence such as stealing some technological device or "bling"  off the visitorm, which basically is the same as when getting a visitor from somewhere else in your neighborhood , just the only difference is this one is from more than a lightyear away, where they are a person...  that eats, breaths, shits , lives , dies  like any biological thing that exists.... not like a god that supposed to be "supernatural"... Extraterrestrials in reality are NOT supernatural beings, they have amazing technologies that eppear to be close to magic by the understanding of the earth person's reality (hence the reference to shape shfiting, interdimensional and so on) which actually either its clever or smart by some people who seem to trigger me to suspect that some people like to use as an excuse to move these natural beings who are organisms , that eat , sleep, shit, live and die into the supernatural category because their technology is mind boggling as to cover up what little evidence is there into nothing at all... what are those footprints ? surely nothing cannot walk about and have weight to press into the ground leaving footprints !

If you saying that all of this is psychological... and what I experienced is not real, then I must have super powers such as telekenisis to make something not real into reality and project lights in the sky with my mind, and animate delusions into real objects... which all seems illogical and lunacy.

I actually find it hard to understand someone to identify someone who has had a genuine extraterrestrial experience as the same as the "God delusion" when, they have physically experienced something.

And there is your problem. You see, nobody here believes that you have actually had some of the experiences you insist you've had. And as for the equation with the God delusion, you should be aware that people claim that God talks to them or that they were visited by God, an angel, the Virgin Mary, or whatever. 

How is that a problem , so what you saying my mind materialized the footprints ?  God, angel, virgin mary = not real because they dont eat, shit, live and die like all biological organisms do because they have supernatural powers, where extraterrestrials fit the criteria of biological organisms , all they are People from other solar systems , same as having a visitor from another country or city. -_- It simply boggles my mind that people including yourself cant tell the obvious difference.

People will go with the most logical explanation that's also a possible explanation. Plenty of people feel that God, Jesus, and the Virgin Mary are quite possible and don't "get" why people like us see it as nonsense. 

If you truly do believe what you say (and I have to entertain the idea that you're putting us on), then the most logical and possible explanation is NOT that it actually happened.

Now do you understand?

Nope , I do not, how could something not have happen happen, when there are physical remains , eg foot prints. Most religious delusions are constructed within the brain, from your theory, if my experiences were in my mind, the evidence of that would proove I can create objects from thought that produce weight, and mass which violate the the laws of physics. That's how I see your theory about my experience, which is almost identical to what my religious parents believed , that Anananiah was an angel rather than another person from a distant solar system.

Footprints alone aren't evidence enough. There are people who claim they saw bigfoot's footprints too.

Now if we could also see the poor fellow's planters warts that might really be a find..;p)

RSS

Blog Posts

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service