What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6337

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes, I saw that beam of light, illuminating whatever was below. The big problem was the starless dark - where were the stars? That led me to believe the film may have been made on a set.

Much of the action of the original, Chris Reeve "Superman" movie took place at night, as did much of "King Kong," and other movies made before digital graphics became commonplace, because a lot of wires and otherwise discernible errors can be hidden by the darkness.

Truth is, I don't know what I saw - I'm willing to keep an open mind, but I'm bothered that I didn't see any stars.

I believe what the author of the above two videos is saying, is that there are two satellites in question, each at a different angle from the other, and hence producing two fields of view. He's saying that jcattera is maintaining that the images are from one satellite, while the logo on the video would indicate that it is from the other. He's saying that by falsifying the source, jcattera is also falsifying the camera angle and consequently, the field of vision, which could result in misidentification of the objects within that field, if it were believed that the camera angle was other than what it actually was.

I am not interested in what he believes  and think what he saw and caught on camera, I am more interested in what was caught on the video.

Corny effects were caught on the video - corny effect generated by someone who has whacky beliefs they would like to propagate - so beliefs play a part of it.

They are gullible because of the mental state that caused their delusion of seeing a UFO in the first place.  The video looks like someone waving a flashlight around - and it doesn't look like a live webcam - it looks like a youtube video.

I don't see it as a flashlight unless their was someone hanging from a rope, and the bveam of light does not seem to be originating from the ground. It was originally captured by a live webcam , stored on the hard drive, and then uploaded onto youtube.

He is likely waving the flashlight around on a second camera - or perhaps on the same camera just a few minutes earlier.  What is your evidence that this camera was ever broadcasting live?  It looks like a rural setting - to what network were they connected?  How many hundreds of people watched the 'live' broadcast?  Did the broadcaster promise a light show beforehand?

lol what ?

You need to understand, Danielle, that there are some on the board with a "pack mentality," that enjoy running down and nipping at the heels of weaker members just because it gives them a much-needed ego boost. You would be wise to ignore those.

Thanks, I never understand why people do this...

It's the same mentality that's behind every bully.

Yes, Arch. I remember when I was bullied at school.

This big fat tough guy would always come to be, hold me against the wall and yell "Give me your evidence or I'm going to not believe you!" and I'd say "No! Please, take my lunch instead, my mom packed me grainy video footages of flashy lights today, they taste great!" And he'd slap me silly and say "Is that a joke?! I want clear and testable evidence to back up your claims, so that me and my colleagues may review them in a scientific setting and reproduce the results you claim to have achieved. Now!"

His torment never ended. On the school bus he'd throw spitballs at me made from scientific papers and tell me my reasoning was flawed. I'm haunted to this day...

RSS

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service