What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6275

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Statistically speaking it is unlikely that we are alone in the universe, there are too many planets and too many suns to assume none of them ever independently evolved some life. That being said our own planet is too fucked up to worry about, or spend the money we do, on space exploration.  

It's simple: If they had any, they'd give this screwed-up planet a WIIIIIDE berth!

Given the frequency of reports of sexual molestation of alien abductees, I can't seem to get the image of a fleet of alien craft full of aliens with full erections heading our way out of my mind.

Get out the Vaseline and grab your ankles!

What kills me are all the reports of 'anal probing'.  I mean, here is this advanced race that can create interstellar propulsion but, somehow, the concept of an MRI completely eludes them so they are left to using primitive colonoscopes.  It just seems much more likely that those reporting such incidents are simply trying to suppress the memory that it was Uncle Bob because dealing with that would make too many waves in their family.

Anybody heard that Duchovney and Anderson are in talks about reprising "The X-Files" after 20 years?

Yes, but just a movie, not extending the TV series.

1) I've seen flying objects I could not identify, but that doesn't mean they had extraterrestrial origin.  I doubt that anyone has had real, objective experience with ETUFO.  Of course, if they exist, I'd like to have a real, objective experience with them.

2) You oughtn't limit the definition of 'belief' so much.  Belief is merely the acceptance of some proposition; evidence can increase confidence in belief.  We call it 'knowledge' if the confidence is total.  It is bad to believe anything without sufficient evidence, for, if we do, we make ourselves vulnerable to all sorts of foolishness.

3)  Due to the likelihood that life originated from natural processes, it is highly probable that there exist some forms of extraterrestrial life.  There is nothing to understand about the probability of intelligent ET, since we don't have the means to compute or even objectively estimate such a probability.  Any claims of such an understanding are only exaggerations of hypotheses.

Sorry, Danielle, but it's so featureless, it's impossible to distinguish what I'm looking at.

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 42 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 hour ago. 57 Replies

where when how who why ?

Started by aubrey knows nothing * in Small Talk. Last reply by Pope Beanie 2 hours ago. 6 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Unseen 10 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service