What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6223

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Yes i know that, it shares the same idea, but with electromagnetic particles...which I was hoping that you would see that.

I can't wait to see a vortex in a vacuum (the primary ingredient of interstellar space).

(maybe I should have said "primary non-ingredient", since it's hard to keep a straight face calling vacuum an ingredient.)

Sadly, turning into a slobbery worm 'thing' just takes all the romance out of that new tech.

I did proof-read a paper submitted to a prof. once that was concerning the 'forbiden fruit'. The prof. had other things to do than proof a paper from an ex-student with a drug problem. But in the paper the poor fellow did discribe a method for time/space travel using the visual example of rapping a mobius strip around two ping-pong balls! Sadly I and a friend in the math department could not see how this was of any real help. Maybe drugs were actually needed for the process, but we could not tell if some very complex matrix operation was also needed, or access to a reactor was also needed.

I had a chance to visit the guy in Forest Grove over a very large plate of fresh vegies, but I needed to get away soon after my arival for fear that my brains would implode from the task of 'making sense out of non-sense'.

If someone finds the 'two ping-pong balls with a modius strip' of any help, I expect there could still be a patent application in the offing, or a government grant once the Repubs get a grip on themselves....   

But according to Gregg, even Voyager could make it to the next star in 56k years.

Sounds doable to me! And it's conceivable that some civilizations have had millions of years of a head start on us.

Millions of years ago, what is there about the Earth that would have inspired a costly and time-consuming trek to Earth, with so many other places to visit?

Who knows? Fall colors, maybe? Snow skiing? I mean, just because you can think of better places doesn't mean They have to agree with You.

*Sign Petition*

Full government disclosure of ET presence on Earth

https://secure.avaaz.org/en/petition/Full_government_disclosure_of_...

my name would probly be on it :p

Reminds me to start my petition asking for a full government disclosure of existence of leprechauns.

Some people think Jesus was an E.T.

Then again, some think he was a government made fictional character:

http://www.prweb.com/releases/2013/10/prweb11201273.htm

They have been lying about their existence for decades.  The government has trained them to be hit squads, it's all real hush-hush but one story did leak out.  They were used to clean out the candy factory after Willy Wonka died.  The story goes that once Willy was gone on one could control the little orange OOmpa Loompas, they went wild reverting to their natural state.  After eating way too much candy they all got a sugar high and started butt-fucking each other, whereupon several of them got pregnant.  To control an epidemic of "Orange Fever" (much worse then Scarlet Fever) the government had to send in The Killer Green Squad to stop the outbreak, since they were the only ones who could get into the tight spaces where the dirty orange buggers where hiding.

The Killer Green Squad managed to eliminate the problem with only two losses on their side.  It turned out two members of the Green Squad had always fantasized about taking one of those orange peckers up the rear and engaged in the forbidden lustful act and were impregnated.  Of course they both had to be executed for having mixed race sex in accordance with the religious convictions of the Green doG Church. 

At least that's what I heard.

Possible photograph:

I expect that the sexual practices of the OOmpa Loompas are now part of the National Geographic film archives, or Library of Congress. It might be that during a recent recess for the Republicans following a painful, but heartfelt denial 'n' of the government shutdown, they reviewed these archives as the appropriate training films that they are!

Sadly the OOmpa Loompas are not from another planet, unless Willy was some how transported away via a bad batch of candy, maybe a bad bag of wheat flour not inspected by the FDA?

I am rather surprised that some one has not suggested, till now, the idea that intersteller capitalists could have taken over the planet, and are now sucking the marrow and precious bodily fluids out of every loyal American, and OOmpa Loompas. Surely a future, post Republican training film, will be more like 11th century Europe!

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service