What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6224

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

how would you know ? what are all those ufo videos and photos, not the fake ones, but the genuine ones ?

We know , Danielle , because there exists not one shred of evidence that our planet has ever been visited by aliens .

So you dismiss all the the evidences as being bogus ?

There is no evidence . Eyewitness testimony is not evidence . Blurry photographs are not evidence . Jittery videos are not evidence . If you believe these constitute credible evidence , you have astoundly low standards for belief .

so when someone goes to court, they have video and photo footage and a witness statements of the accused. The video evidence was jittery because the camera lens had not been cleaned and the photos were taken by witness had motion blur because what happened in the case happened very fast, and the accused still gets charged ?  First of all when people have a visit, it happens when they least expect it, and not everyone is expected to have good quality bulky camera's around their necks.Belief is accepting something based on trust/faith.

when people have a visit, it happens when they least expect it

How can you know this?  (other than, of course, nobody actually ever expects a visit).  Also, pretty much everyone has a cellphone these days, which take better quality images than were possible as little as five years ago from a dedicated camera.  How close is your cellphone to you at any given time?  I'd bet it's well within reach.

Regarding your court comment, if the only evidence is blurry and based on hearsay, with no 'motive' depicted, it is unlikely that there would even be a charge, let alone a conviction.  If this sketchy evidence was being used to support a hitherto unknown position such as an alien visitation, however, it would be dismissed out of hand.  Can you imagine a defence plea of, "It wasn't me, an alien did it, see I have fuzzy pictures and a statement signed by my next door neighbor to prove it" gaining any traction in court?

At the risk of rolling out a massive cliche, extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

☆   。    +           。    ☆
                  。
       *    ★        +☆      ☆
  ☆ ・              ☆        ☆
              ∧_∧ 
             (  ゚∀゚)
              / つ¶つ¶
             / ̄ ̄ ̄ ̄\
              |) ○     ○  ○ (|
          /″   ν.        \  
  (( (( ((  /________\  
         ̄ \_\__/_/

When in doubt, ASCII art?

First of all when people have a visit, it happens when they least expect it, 

In asking the question you are assuming that these visitations have happened. This is the fallacy of Begging the Question.

How about, "When people sprout purple antlers, it happens when they least expect it"? You don't see how simply asking the question assumes as true that people sprout purple antlers?

and not everyone is expected to have good quality bulky camera's around their necks.

Also, I believe I saw a statistic recently that about 2/3 of the population now own smartphones, which means about 2/3 of the people have cameras with them at almost all times. We should have a slew of really good images of extraterrestrials by now, unless they stopped visiting once they realized that telephones were being fitted with cameras.

hmm

So, they have eye makeup, too. As for the next photo, looks like an alien lawn jockey. I believe I've seen those.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 6 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service