What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6240

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Why do you imagine the government feels it's important to keep extraterrestrials secret?

Just as much as the church and governments with the inquisition told people to believe in a God deity and that the Earth is flat, and that the sun stars and planets orbited the Earth...

Extraterrestrial life and the technology to move them from one solar system to another is the modern day taboo subject I would say.

Which is exactly why we lump your ET bullshit in with paranormal crap like gods.

which makes me end up questioning insanely trying to figure out and understand why an atheist tosses the subject of extraterrestrial life into the god box with all the nonsense about ghosts, demons, and angels and crap exactly like the religious person who believes in god, like my mother... its mind boggling.

Lack of evidence.  Both your claims are based on personal experience.

So, I have experienced things well enouph to know they not paranormal but people live on other planets, it is even logical if my evidence I shared is not good enough evidence. I know my evidence is poor.. I am not trying to convince you to believe me which you may be thinking I am, but seriously throwing extraterrestrial life under the heading of paranormal is just stupid,its like throwing chemistry and physics into a harry potter novel, and I think its exactly what the governments etc like... as they are sitting on a shitload of evidence.

I'm not throwing the possibility of extra-terrestrial life into paranormal - I'm throwing your stark raving mad ravings about your delusions into the same bucket as all the other paranormal bullshit that nutballs spew on about.

How is your claim any different than the claim of some other whacko who claims to have met Zeus?

sigh... i wish i did not live on this stupid planet in the first place...

I know that - hence your delusions about being from another planet, or having friends there, or whatever.

From your logic, Heather... I could say you are more of a delusion because I have never seen you in person, I never grabbed your hand , never heard your voice and never smelled your body scent...and never felt you pull my hair... but only seen your avatar and words on a computer screen.

I'm certain that in your muddled mind the people communicating with you on this social networking site are nowhere near as real as the alien boogiemen with whom you drink intergalactic tea.  Why then, do you even bother with phantoms such as us when your ET friends seem so vivid to you?

Danielle, I see way too many patterns in that black and white photo. It almost looks like a bunch of line drawings, with dots on the lines and the lines faded out.

I'm not here to put anyone down. Just pointing out that that graphic doesn't like like a field of stars, to me.

RSS

Blog Posts

PI = 4

Posted by _Robert_ on September 16, 2014 at 8:53pm 4 Comments

Invictus

Posted by Marinda on September 11, 2014 at 4:08pm 0 Comments

Ads

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service