What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6336

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

what part of "please leave me alone" do you not understand ? and dont forget to take your psycho-framing and psycho-assumptions with you...

Sorry, but you seem unable to recognize that you've posted your delusional ideas on a public forum where delusions get dispelled.

Danielle, you posted on a site which not only allows but encourages its members to think critically about subjects and ask questions. If you wanted unquestioning acceptance of your claims, you chose the wrong audience.

Um, aliens have never been to planet Earth, and probably never will. If you think otherwise, you're a crazy ass.

i rather be a crazy ass than a dumb ass

Why pick when you can be both?

Give me a crazy ass any day. 

I second that.

Ah, there's my crazy ass. 

Billions, possibly trillions of galaxies, each containing billions, possibly trillions of stars, each with the possibility of having several planets. Even if only .1% of these trillions of trillions of planets are in the star's habitable zone, and only .1% of those developed life, and only .1% of those evolved into intelligent life, then that still leaves several million intelligent species. We have absolute proof that there is life among the stars, because we're it.

Now if you're asking if we will ever meet intelligent extraterrestrial life, then I would have to say the odds are much, much lower. At our current state, we are simply too uninteresting to a species that can travel from star system to star system. We can't even get out of our star system.

Do we even want to meet an alien species at the moment? Let's be honest, we're not exactly the friendliest or cuddliest aliens in the universe. The paranoid nature of our leaders would lead to almost instant nuclear annihilation of our planet because some high ranking nimrod would shoot first and not even worry about asking questions.

RSS

Forum

Ear-piercing a baby

Started by Simon Mathews in Atheist Parenting. Last reply by Belle Rose 4 minutes ago. 4 Replies

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Unseen 26 minutes ago. 120 Replies

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 1 hour ago. 25 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Virgil 3 hours ago. 202 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 6 hours ago. 7 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service