What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6081

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

180? Oh yeah? Well... Mine was measured at a bazzilian.

Yeah, that's the ticket.

lol

Are you sure you weren't being punked by Dennis Rodman?

I thought Unseen brought up a valid point. I'm not sure you've thoroughly ruled out hallucination because if this were the case, then you wouldn't be able to self-evaluate the experience as such,  ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp, because the experience would represent itself as an extraterrestrial encounter. So, from the perspective of the UFO contactee, it would be practically impossible to tease apart actuality from hallucination because they've already been tainted by the perplexity of this experience.

Furthermore, if you're going to presume that extraterrestrials are merely neighbors from other stars, then you've already a pre-conceived notion of what you think an extraterrestrial is. They may be of a different order altogether, as in creatures of mind, of pure consciousness that can only interact with you within the domain of your psyche. They may be a species that has, in a sense, "shed its monkey," that has transcended the vicissitudes of three-dimensional space, and now resides in some higher topological manifold.

I might get some flack for mentioning this as I'm sure some people are pretty conversant with my output, but are you familiar with the effects of entheogens?

Now, I'm not saying that what you experienced wasn't "real," but you do realize that even in a dream, you can smell, touch, taste, hear, etc. yet the dream itself is a hallucinatory experience. If you wouldn't mind taking a suggestion, I want you to listen to something, then if you have time, I'd love to hear your feedback on it. I'll list a few links below, because I feel there's some stuff here that you seem to be unaware of, especially of the work of Jacques Vallée, the stuff that Carl Jung wrote on UFOs, etc.

First, I'll post an interview Art Bell did a while back. Maybe some people aren't keen on Art Bell, but I've always felt he was far more skeptical than George Noory. He'd always stop and ask for citation, he wouldn't let a vague idea slip by without attempting to concretize it, if a guest mentioned something he thought was malarkey, he'd call it out, etc.

I tried to post it so that it'll start at the 3:28 mark, but if it doesn't, listen from that point until about maybe ten minutes from there. That entire portion is on the relationship between dimethyltryptamine and the UFO encounter. You don't have to listen to the entire thing, just the portion where N,N-DMT and UFOs are concerned.

C2C with Art Bell

I would really like you to take a short listen to that first link, these two that follow will be purely for your entertainment, and I'll post one first that I think you'll find really amusing, but I think you'd find both equally interesting.

Shamanic Approaches to the UFO

Aliens and Archetypes

Enjoy!

There's a specific portion, Danielle, I'm not sure if you'd actually take the time to view those links, but I suppose  I may as well get to the point. 

DMT

I'm not sure if you're aware of N,N-DMT, but to define it in a nutshell, it's the most powerful psychedelic substance known to exist. What's interesting about it is that it occurs in most plant life on this planet, it exists in all mammals, and has greater concentration in apes, and its greatest concentration in human beings. Now, its use dates back millennia, there's archaeological evidence of the use of ayahuasca (an orally active form of DMT) dating back about 4,000 years.

Now, today, people can actually find high concentrations in nature and extract pure DMT in a laboratory. When you smoke this stuff, lo and behold, you find yourself in the UFO. So, I want to leave you with a quote from the portion of the interview I linked, and if you're unfamiliar with DMT, maybe you should look into it. Anyway, here's the dialogue: 

Art Bell: What is the source of DMT, is it a manufactured drug? 

Terence McKenna: It can be, but its source is really in nature, in plants like Psychotria viridis, Desmanthus illinoensus; there's a whole bunch of this latin salad, most of these are South American plants, but every ecosystem on Earth has DMT sources in it. In fact, the human brain naturally produces DMT. Why? We don't know, but I'd say there's a strong clue. Here's a drug that causes people to see "little creatures," and the same substance occurs naturally in the human brain. Now, I'm not saying that's the answer to the UFO phenomenon, but how many people have looked at this, and pursued it?

Art Bell: Well, then let me ask this, there are many who claimed to have been abducted, Terence, and if DMT is a naturally occurring substance in the brain, your theory could probably be verified by measuring those who have claimed to be abducted. Would such a measurement scientifically be possible?

-------------------------------------

I'll end it there. I'd just like to add, the implication here is that what a UFO contact might be is a natural induction of N,N-DMT. However, I won't go into details here, because the interview explores so many details about it, but I will cover a couple. DMT is suppressed during your waking consciousness, so it's not as though we experience it all the time. It has been confirmed to spike in certain instances, the most notable being the REM stage of sleep (when we're said to be dreaming) and also during an NDE (near-death-experience). If you're interested, just click the link above marked "DMT."

"You assumed I believe in ufos...

I dont believe in ufos, because I understand and know they exist from enough personal experience, therefore i do not need to believe in anything."

Again, no different from the people who state that they know thst the Virgin Mary (or Bigfoot or pixies) exist from personal experience and therefore it is not a belief (defined as believing something without good reason).

nope you are misunderstanding me...

So your personal experiences are more reliable and trustworthy than other people's personal experiences? Why should yours be accepted while the personal experience of the person who claims to have seen Bigfoot and shared a campfire with him be discounted?

You claim you know UFOs exist from personal experience. They claim they know Bigfoot exists from personal experience, What is the difference?

for me it is, enough to convince myself the reality of you not being alone in the universe and being part of them. I dont care if my story gets accepted or not, its my life and i have to deal with it, but getting psychoanalyzed , assumed does come out a bit antagonizing.

i dont want people to believe me, and if my my evidence is not good enough its a small part of the whole. Treat it like sampling , tally up the results and derive a conclusion for yourself.

@upside-name-in-an-attempt-to-draw-attention

Please seek professional psychological care.  Your language patterns indicate a significant probability of schizophrenia.  I realize you feel uncomfortable with being psychoanalyzed but you do need professional care before you become a danger to yourself or others.

What ? please take your assuming, psychoanalyzing, psychoframing whatever and leave me alone ,o.k ... i made this thread to express your opinion not to prodded and probed like a guinea pig.

Why have you selected a group where evidentiary epistemology rules to present your anecdotal ravings?  As long as you stay, I will return from time to time to remind you of that which already seem aware - you require mental health care and if you do not obtain it you will likely hurt someone, most likely yourself.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

Things you hate.

Started by Devlin Cuite in Small Talk. Last reply by Gallup's Mirror 53 minutes ago. 133 Replies

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 0 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.