What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6336

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Nope it is not, angels/demons etc are basically the equivalent of harry potter and so on, which only exist in story books and myths. I have shown you what best evidence I could give from my own personal experiences, such as my video footages, and apparently it is not good enough for you, which is quite understandable. Because i have had the experience my self i see the universe in a broader perspective, that this planet is not the only planet with people on, and I knew this since I had been 11 years old, when I met someone who is related to me and not from this planet, a second parent in a sense, and her name is Anananiah. I had experienced holograms, in my bedroom from her that when I was 11 they were considered science fiction,. and now they are science fact. I had made footcasts of her feet, where she had walked through the window, instead of using the door. They were confiscated by my my parents because they believed that she was anot someone from another planet, but originally an angel, to a demon, where their perception of her changed when they saw my art , which i had based it on the holograms, Anananiah showed me... so to claim that I assume is stupid, and i know that you entitled agree or dissagree because you never had this experience, and is understandable.

I originally created this topic to see the variety of responses not to be judged on what I have experienced and get antagonized by it because you never had an experience yourself...  i wish i could extract these memories and download them, and upload them to youtube and you can watch... thats how i feel./ bekow is a link to an art assignment i done of it.

http://zwitterelf.tumblr.com/post/53063340176/assignment-2-for-cour...

The thing is, the 'you have to experience it yourself' argument is the same one that so many people use when talking about their religious experiences. If you are using the same arguments, why should your claims be considered any different than theirs?

I realize that your experiences are very convincing to you, but knowing what we do about how unreliable people's experiences can be, personal experiences are singularly unconvincing for any claim. That is why we keep asking for emperical evidence.

And a better camera is not going to cut it. With the THOUSANDS of close encounters reported, please note that NOTHING PHYSICAL - not one alien button, not one alien fingernail or eyelash hair sufficient to prove alien origins has been dropped and found by earthlings. Doesn't that make you wonder, at all, if UFOlogists are experiencing what they WANT to experience? If not, can't you see that your fervent claims are, to us, identical to equally fervent claims in the supernatural realm and are equally baseless?

It is not the same as a religious experience  *sigh* even if you think my experience sounds bizarre...and personally dont think it happened...

of course it is, especially having someone from another planet letting you sit on their lap while they project holograms, where you can still remember their touch, their smell since childhood, as well having plaster of paris casts of their footprints, which i would have still had with me if my parents were not religiously anal in their beliefs and understood me and my experience.

"Is this a strand of alien hair?"

(Notice it's a question - not a statement.)

Answer: NO!

The reason I can reply so definitively is because, if it were scientifically identified as alien (not by scientists within the UFO community but by peer-reviewed processes), the world's ENTIRE SCIENTIFIC COMMUNITY would be clamouring for more information. The scientist discovering this hair would instantly be world famous and on the cover of every scientific journal in the world. This would, I suspect, be considered to be the most important scientific discovery in history. Guess what. It's not. This is the very first I've heard of it. And I'm not seeing any clamouring.

Even if your parents were NOT anal, you would have nothing but YOUR memory of touch, smell, appearance, etc.

"Plaster of paris casts of their footprints" - really *sigh*?

I don't believe you're a fake or a liar. I'm not doubting your experience or your memory and I'm certainly not trying to change your mind about what you experienced. I'm just hoping that you'll eventually see that, because of the TOTAL lack of any concrete evidence, aliens and angels are IDENTICAL from a scientific perspective.

Well in the article they claim it is an extraterrestrial hair strand, and I personally agree with the article since my DNA has the same queerness. I do agree with you, that more scientists should get involved with this project including getting involved with Steven Greer's humanoid he has in his possession.

My parents were Anal , confiscating the plaster of paris casts , as well as burning my artwork based on Anananiah;s star culture while chanting "in the name of Jesus, i rebuke you demons" crap...

Yes i had plaster of paris casts made of Anananiah's footprints she left in the sand.

I am not asking you to believe anything ,  but to make out that I am a crazy and saying that star people and angels are identical just blows my mind , where I see the perspective of linking science with religious schizophrenia.

If by "alien" one means "from another world," what about a hair would make it a hair from another world? Even if it turned out to be a kind of hair never seen before, does that mean it came to us from outer space? No. Even suppose it turns out to be based on some previously unknown DNA analog? Well, then it's previously unknown DNA. Not even that marks it as extraterrestrial, just novel and previously unknown.

We really have no standard for "extraterrestrial" and we don't really need one since visitation from extraterrestrial beings is pretty close to impossible. It would make about as much sense as developing standards for leprechauns.

But we don't need standards for leprechauns. Leprechauns are fictional. ...sorry ;-|

Good points. But how about a manufactured item - say a button made with an unknown material. Would you consider that proof?

I dont like using the word "alien" since it is a political correct term for a foreigner on this planet. It is with the idea of politically divided bits on land on the planet known as countries. So if someone comes from another country they are seen or said to be an "alien".  Another world is another planet or a moon somewhere within the galaxy, the universe and so on. It is marked extraterrestrial for it being non terrestrial.

I dont see the point or even understand some of you associating star people/extraterrestrials with leprechauns etc..  its causing my mind to short circuit, its like calling Native Americans indians, which they did in the past, and sometimes still do today, when Columbus and the lot thought America was India.. and you doing the same when assuming star people , like physical living people like youselves that eat, sleep, shit ,farts etc... as mythological beings from storybooks in a one planet only mindset where fantasy worlds exists in books and wardrobes, where the closest thing to that which can be achieved by science is virtual reality within a computer ... which for me makes no sense whatsoever.

@MikeLong  But at this time, as far as we know, extraterrestrials are fictional, too. In fact, I'd probably find it easier to determine that leprechauns are real than extraterrestrials because I know what a leprechaun should look like, what he can do, what he has (pot of gold), etc. Show me something weird and claim it's an extraterrestrial and my response is, "So you say. How will you prove it?"

@euez Like I told Mike, I know what a leprechaun is or should be, which would make it relatively easy to identify (or more likely reject) a being as a leprechaun. What the hell do I know about possible extraterrestrials that would have me saying "Oh, yeah, this thing came from another world"?

RSS

Forum

Why do we tolerate this?

Started by Belle Rose in Crime and Punishment. Last reply by Pope Beanie 41 minutes ago. 31 Replies

A relapse.....

Started by Belle Rose in Small Talk. Last reply by Noel 2 hours ago. 9 Replies

How do you cure Insanity???

Started by Belle Rose in Advice. Last reply by Belle Rose 7 hours ago. 64 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Belle Rose 15 hours ago. 12 Replies

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service