What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6224

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

As has been said here already I have no issue with life elsewhere. I also have no issue with intelligent life elsewhere and life more intelligent than us. It seems to me that there has been a major shift fairly recently, perhaps hinging largely on extremophiles. My sense is that life elsewhere was once considered laughable and it does not seem to be so much anymore.

I have seen a couple of flying objects I could not identify in my life. I do not assume they were extraterrestrials. They might simply have been garden variety time travelers from the future or perhaps demons. (Joke. =P) I think life exists elsewhere because nature is slanted toward complexity, evolution, and life.

I don't buy that aliens made us. Atheists will ask Creationists where God came from, and I would ask those who believe E.T.s designed us where the E.T.s came from. Somebody somewhere had to go to all the trouble of evolving, or so it seems to me. Personally I had to go through middle school as a lung fish. It wasn't easy. Let me tell ya!

I feel for you, Mike - that can't have been easy...

Very nice! =D Me out there gasping on the soccer field! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=61oerMwQF6g

Well, i just find it irritating when people associate people from other planets , as being as ridiculous as believing god.

I have had a few experiences in my life time withe extraterrestrials and space craft, mostly when I was younger, and when i tend to move to a new home somewhere on this planet or when I travel for a vacation. Those people who claim star people as demons do my head in... it is also a childhood thing as well i experienced being brought up with religious extremist parents.

Well evolution, i feel it does not always have to be completely Darwinian, that these environmentally stimuli were not natural, or is bioengineering natural when intelligence is a product of nature as well , in regards to other people ?

What do you mean going through middle school as a lung fish ?, you referring your scholarship to evolution where the rest of the class were already dinosaurs and you were still a lungfish ?

Hi. I was jokin' on that whole lung fish thing. I am actually not an atheist. Gather the timber and torches. I am not a Christian either or a fundamentalist, but a Panentheist. I am fairly pro science although I question some things even as there can be disagreement within the scientific community. I believe that evolution is random but I am not convinced that it is necessarily purely random. I am not talking so much intelligent design as loaded dice and a likelihood of evolution and life. I am not sure that I believe that a truly completely random universe could create anything.

I wonder, like if a kid in school in the 1950s had stood up in class and suggested that dinosaurs might have been warm blooded and more like birds than lizards. That is pretty much accepted now but not that long ago dinosaurs were thought to be giant reptiles. Many people in our culture will always choose to accept what seems a conventional, safe, not crazy explanation over what seems out there. Like I mentioned I have seen a couple of things that were not easy to explain along the lines of what may have been E.T.s or very advanced human technology perhaps.

Getting kind of off topic but really, related, I intuited some odd things about defining the second law of thermodynamics as disorder in an over-simplistic way when I read Hawking's definition of mixing as "entropy," and by entropy he meant disorder. He used the example of 2 kinds of molecules which had me wondering if the molecules in question were hydrogen and oxygen, from which we get water. Really questioning processes of entropy on a broader scale, I caught all kinds of hell online for suggesting that as far as I could see the theoretical heat death of the universe, (As an ultimate manifestation of the second law.) if it is accurate, is actually a factor in the existence of Earth and life. I recently learned that the second law is being redefined in a lot of text books, no longer called "disorder" in a deceptively simplistic sense that has confused a lot of people, but energy dispersal.

I believe there is something to ghosts, too, whatever they may actually be, but if it is not yet accepted officially a lot of people including many here will do anything to adhere to the skeptical view and choose an alternative explanation whether that explanation is correct or not. I had a UFO experience around 3 a.m. because I was dreaming or I experienced hallucinatory sleep paralysis, and never-mind that I was awake. Saying you have been ferried about by aliens is asking a lot from any group, let alone here, including for me to believe. But I have seen a couple odd things in my time. I believe on the whole in science but I keep an open mind. My questioning of aliens designing us is largely that I do not think they needed to. Nature did. And if the aliens did it, someone somewhere was presumably the result of evolution, unless sentient life predates the universe itself. Which for all I know it does but I personally believe more that nature makes life, including us. Long winded reply! =P

Energetically, the second law of thermodynamics favors the formation of the majority of all known complex and ordered chemical compounds from the simpler elements. Thus, contrary to popular opinion, the second law does not dictate the decrease of ordered structure in its predictions, it only demands a "spreading out" of energy in all processes.”--Frank L. Lambert, from the website: :2ndlaw.oxy.edu. 

https://www.createspace.com/4324969

O.k, i see ^_^

ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp: Ok, obviously these aliens of yours want to remain hidden from everyone who might manage to put together a scientific case prooving that they exist. Why do you suppose that is? Why did they reveal themselves just to you (and a handful of others)? Surely they KNEW that, unless they gave you some proof - some trinket that could not possibly have been produced on Earth with today's technology, you would be subject to derision for communicating your experiences. Did they WANT to embarrass you?

Thank you for not blaming us non-believers for not believing aliens have visited Earth. But please tell us why NO ONE is able to produce irrefutable evidence that they have visited. Photos and movies are worthless. They're FAR to easy to fake. They serve to convince only those that already believe. Think about a solar-powered music box. Were I able to present a crowd of people, 500 years ago, with this toy, that would be enough proof for them that I was in possession of special powers. (They'd probably burn me at the stake, but that's another matter.) Why can't you (or ANY of your fellow close encounterists) produce something, ANYTHING that would prove to most scientists on earth that you are telling the truth. Obviously they want YOU to "know" they exist, but why JUST YOU? And why are they hiding from everyone else. 

Well , not always, but they are afraid of been blown out of the sky by military using weapons based on Tesla's death ray.  I have had friends and family especially my cousin been out and there were times the spacecraft would appear in the sky. Me and my cousin used to go out every night of the week on the air strip near our house, and do UFO spotting.  My mother has seen them when I was conceived(which ironically was the night of the Rendelsham incident in UK (I have uk relatives as well as relatives in south africa)  , before I moved from South Africa to the UK, and also when I visited them for holiday (she still thinks they are angels, hoping they not demons). The thing is, I am not blaming you and neither do I wish for you to believe, I just got annoyed that the idea of people from other planets gets thrown in with santa, god, the tooth fairy etc...The thing is some are fake and some are not fake... and i agree its hard to tell, only if you have experienced it yourself, you would therefor spot out the fakes from the real ones a mile away. Sometimes the fakes have been made so well to be realistic to the real thing. To be honest symbols and images of ufos, do exist before the camera had been invented.

these are my footages... except for the "UFO Carlos Diaz" ones, but i put them there bbecause the one on the airfield should have looked like it... but i dont have fancy camera equipment, since i live on benefits and unemployed.

If an alien civilization is able to traverse the immense vastness of interstellar space and make to Earth , why in the world would they fear any thing we could possibly do to them . It would be equivalent to us fearing ants .

because they are non-violent and dont have volatile natures like earth people do, they are waiting for earth people to evolve out of its war machine, tribal perspectives, and religio-political ideaology

because they are non-violent

As you repeatedly do, here you are assuming something not in evidence. Simply because you hate mankind it doesn't follow that some other intelligent species isn't equally worthy of hatred or even more so.

that goes back to the topic of star people being able to leave their planet, or destroying themselves.

RSS

Blog Posts

The tale of the twelve officers

Posted by Davis Goodman on August 27, 2014 at 3:04am 4 Comments

Birthday Present

Posted by Caila Rowe on August 26, 2014 at 1:29am 13 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service