What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6210

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Those are not Mary, but assumed to be because of their religious mind set they percieved it to be Mary.

The first one is camera lens blur

the second one, you could not see anything

the third one is actually a diamond-shaped extraterrestrial space craft.

People are just being realistic. There is no reason to think that cultures which are likely hundreds or thousands of light years away made it here, much less that they made it here with some purpose on their mind. I honestly don't know why people become obsessed with something so unlikely.

As for faster than light travel, it's just plain impossible under the physics governing events in our day. A more permissive physics may have been in operation very very early in the birth of the universe, but today to travel even AT the speed of light requires infitnite energy. Only photons actually travel at the speed of light so if you reach the speed of light, so logic says you become a bundle of photons at light speed. I'm not sure you can resume bodily integrity once you slow down. Since you've already exerted infinite energy (all the energy there is) to achieve light speed, how could you possibly find more to go faster?

Thats where warp drives and wormholes come into the picture.

Oh, please, that's all pie in the sky sci-fi sh*t. Maybe Dr. Who brought them in his Tardis, eh?

ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp - I dont believe in ufos, because I understand and know they exist from enough personal experience, therefore i do not need to believe in anything.

So, you know something but don't believe it. Verrrry interesting.

Simply because you have an experience, it doesn't follow that you understand it. 

How have you ruled out hypnotism, delusion, hallucination, being drugged, temporary insanity, etc.?

Yep, that's right

Well that's your opinion

Yes I have personally ruled out those , and know exactly what I have experienced.

You sidestepped my question which was HOW you have ruled out hypnotism, delusion,...etc.?

what do you mean, sidestepped ? because the experiences were physical with touch , smell and sight. How would a delusion leave footprints ? how would other people see a delusion wait for me 7 feet tall wearing a pink top, pink leggins and a pony tail and talk to me as well give me a hug ? and lastly never been hypnotized.

How do touch, smell, and sight prove that a being is extraterrestrial? Seven feet tall is exceptional, but not unheard of.

RSS

Events

Blog Posts

Labels

Posted by Quincy Maxwell on July 20, 2014 at 9:37pm 24 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service