What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6223

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Highly probable that life exists outside of earth and that it would eventually have to escape it's solar system same as us. Let any and all evidence be subjected to scientific methods. As far as I know there could be billions and billions of ET species, or none.

And would you like to meet them or see them one day  ?

Only if they have a sense of humor..

It would only be the BIGGEST discovery in human history thus far, so I would prefer if it was not a personal experience, but a shared event.

Like an official first contact thing,like a spacecraft hovering above every city ?

Why would they want to make contact with a species that enslaves, exploits, consumes and devours the other lifeforms on its own planet? Reverse the role; if we were explorers of the universe, would we want to be friends with such creatures?

Go Vegan!

Um, most types of life forms consume other life forms; It's part of evolution by natural selection. If they're sufficiently advanced to get here I'd assume they discovered evolution and expected us to be this way, at least at some point in our history.

Go Omnivore!

They would know the best way to make contact since they have learned to travel light years and would be very advanced, where as we can barely make it to our own moon and back. Limited contact scouting missions would be difficult to accomplish because we are always searching our "inner-space" with telescopes, satellites, infrared and radio receivers, etc. but I suppose it is possible.

This planet is currently in the process of implementing a warp-like engine.

We are further away from a warp engine or drive , than DaVinci was from powered flight . You are , in essence , asking two questions . The first is , are we alone in the universe ? That is a reasonable , rational question , which I believe , will be answered by science in the ( hopefully ) near future . The second question , something about UFOs and aliens , is not one that is seriously considered by any scientist worth his salt . UFO's as advanced alien craft , are the products of deluded terrestrial minds , not advanced alien ones .

I would not jump the gun on that statement, technology is quite close at the moment to singularity.  How is it that subject of extraterrestrial intelligent life and visiting exotic space craft a separate subject ? Hows it deluded, ever considered their may be reverse engineering going on here from crashed visitors ? There is evidence of that, more than one case, but two common cases was in  Russia and the US.

Really? Could you point us to the evidence, please? I've certainly never seen anything even remotely convincing that we've had extra-solar visitor, much less started to reverse engineer their technology.

RSS

Blog Posts

My Dad and the Communist Spies

Posted by Brad Snowder on August 20, 2014 at 2:39pm 2 Comments

Breaking Free

Posted by A. T. Heist on August 20, 2014 at 9:56am 5 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service