What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6081

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

I am going to throw something in regards to this "While I find it hard to understand how she can be so matter-of-fact in discussing ideas everyone else finds extraordinary, she finds it hard to understand how I could possibly equate ET delusions with God delusions. This doesn't stop me from believing that she an entirely sweet and likable person."

I actually find it hard to understand someone to identify someone who has had a genuine extraterrestrial experience as the same as the "God delusion" when, they have physically experienced something. Some cases of claimed experiences , there is no physical evidence experienced by the contacted, and can be seen to be related to the "God delusion" on a psychological level.

Now, having had foootprints of the being that visited the contactee or even an implant or even landing marks where the craft had been does not fully discredit the contactee even if they did not gather up more evidence such as stealing some technological device or "bling"  off the visitorm, which basically is the same as when getting a visitor from somewhere else in your neighborhood , just the only difference is this one is from more than a lightyear away, where they are a person...  that eats, breaths, shits , lives , dies  like any biological thing that exists.... not like a god that supposed to be "supernatural"... Extraterrestrials in reality are NOT supernatural beings, they have amazing technologies that eppear to be close to magic by the understanding of the earth person's reality (hence the reference to shape shfiting, interdimensional and so on) which actually either its clever or smart by some people who seem to trigger me to suspect that some people like to use as an excuse to move these natural beings who are organisms , that eat , sleep, shit, live and die into the supernatural category because their technology is mind boggling as to cover up what little evidence is there into nothing at all... what are those footprints ? surely nothing cannot walk about and have weight to press into the ground leaving footprints !

If you saying that all of this is psychological... and what I experienced is not real, then I must have super powers such as telekenisis to make something not real into reality and project lights in the sky with my mind, and animate delusions into real objects... which all seems illogical and lunacy.

I actually find it hard to understand someone to identify someone who has had a genuine extraterrestrial experience as the same as the "God delusion" when, they have physically experienced something.

And there is your problem. You see, nobody here believes that you have actually had some of the experiences you insist you've had. And as for the equation with the God delusion, you should be aware that people claim that God talks to them or that they were visited by God, an angel, the Virgin Mary, or whatever. 

How is that a problem , so what you saying my mind materialized the footprints ?  God, angel, virgin mary = not real because they dont eat, shit, live and die like all biological organisms do because they have supernatural powers, where extraterrestrials fit the criteria of biological organisms , all they are People from other solar systems , same as having a visitor from another country or city. -_- It simply boggles my mind that people including yourself cant tell the obvious difference.

People will go with the most logical explanation that's also a possible explanation. Plenty of people feel that God, Jesus, and the Virgin Mary are quite possible and don't "get" why people like us see it as nonsense. 

If you truly do believe what you say (and I have to entertain the idea that you're putting us on), then the most logical and possible explanation is NOT that it actually happened.

Now do you understand?

Nope , I do not, how could something not have happen happen, when there are physical remains , eg foot prints. Most religious delusions are constructed within the brain, from your theory, if my experiences were in my mind, the evidence of that would proove I can create objects from thought that produce weight, and mass which violate the the laws of physics. That's how I see your theory about my experience, which is almost identical to what my religious parents believed , that Anananiah was an angel rather than another person from a distant solar system.

Footprints alone aren't evidence enough. There are people who claim they saw bigfoot's footprints too.

Now if we could also see the poor fellow's planters warts that might really be a find..;p)

Tell me, how would you respond if the same thing happened to you, ? btw bigfoot has been discovered to be a rare bear... which is something terrestrial and not extraterrestrial.

I can't tell you how I would've reacted as a child. Now, I would discount it completely. Seeing footsteps and deducing they belong to the person you were just thinking of is a just a lapse in judgement, a logical fallacy. Seeing aliens and honestly believing to have been in a ship with one, having conversed with one, etc? I would discount that as either vivid childhood imagination, a coping mechanism, or a dream that turned into a memory. There have been quite a few documentations on "false memory" where people can, often unknowingly, create memories of events that never actually took place. People can create memories of childhood events that never happened, and "recall" them in adulthood. You can google a bit and I'm sure you'll come across a lot of interesting links on that. Neuroscientists have been studying this.

And last but not least, to paraphrase Hitchens a bit, I would ask myself

"What is more likely? That an advanced and enlightened alien life form chose me, a child, to reveal itself in secret to mentor me, even though it could change all of human history by ending all wars and ushering in an era of peace and knowledge by doing so publicly, or that my senses just betrayed me?"

Well it is something to think about first before jumping to the conclusion about my experience. The footsteps were not there before, and were there after her visit. She had a shoe size of 12, and her height was 7 feet slightly larger than your average woman indigenous to Earth, well she was not entirely woman alone but a hermaphrodite. Then having been shown a holographic display of planets and star maps, and recordings of her society's arts and culture which would be a subject of taboo on this planet, and often people are not open in educating youngsters about love, intimacy and reproduction, and often mention the "stalk" for dropping babies, is also something to consider, since I started drawing what I has seen soon after the visit, which had got me into trouble with my religious parents, who never even provided education and their beliefs of the matter before the event, and were quite surprised to how much I knew from before and after the event, where their perception of Anananiah being an angel turned into her being a demon and an agent of Satan. In the isolation of a religious family where the bible is there law and constitution, and the heavy hand of censorship was strongly forced onto me on what I was allowed to watch, and what I was not allowed to watch on TV, and they too were very strict and selective with children's programs who had been passed by the country's board of censorship, but provided the censorship because it was not kosher to their religious beliefs. There was no internet back those days, they were mind boggled from what I learned from Anananiah at the time, and it made them scared, because Anananiah also brought up the conspiracy about my gender issues which i had feelings about, which over 10 years later came out as fact, and my parents kept it from me. If it was not for Anananiah, I would have been more in the dark with my gender dysphoria and would not know why puberty was working opposite to what my parents were trying to bring me up as.

Now THAT, k, is a far more civil approach!

so what you saying my mind materialized the footprints ?

No, actually he's saying that he needs to feel superior to someone, and the easiest way of doing that is to beat up on someone he perceives to be weaker than he.

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Blog Posts

I am tired

Posted by Philip Jarrett on April 18, 2014 at 12:09am 4 Comments

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com