What is your take on extraterrestrial intelligences, have you seen "UFO"s , or even been in one if you lucky and caught by a surprise ? Have you met any people from other planets ? Or simply if you have not, what are your thoughts about the topic, and would you like to have an experience ?

Do you believe in the existence extraterrestrials ? (Belief is based on faith or trust without looking at the evidence, data, mathematical models, that is because your friend saw something, and you trust your friend, without research, that is belief)

Do you understand the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(Understanding is based on collecting data , evidence, mathematical models such as drake equation, astrobiology research etc and deriving a conclusion)

Do you know the existence of extraterrestrials ?

(That is when you have had your own personal experience, scrutinized it to be legitimate experience, as well as comparing your experience with other's evidence data and so on)

Tags: aliens, extraterrestrials, people, star

Views: 6077

Attachments:

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

Why, hang on... is that... yes!

Those are the extraterrestrials from the Pareidolia planetary cluster in the Apophenia nebula!

Cool!

Yep was using this picture as an example, did this one in Photoshop as an artist impression... i could have used my profile picture as well...

Gestalt psychology tells us that the mind will try to make sense of what it sees. This is why optical illusions work. Another thing the gestalt-ing function (if I may coin a term) does is it tries to find objects in a field of perceptions, be they real or random.

Have you never seen some clouds resembling some familiar object?

Yep

Like this on looks like a horse or dragon...

Wish I'd thought of that - I can understand your idolizing me, but do you have to repeat everything I say? Worse than a parrot --

our minds are hardwired to try to make sense of things, and via that process, are able to imagine shapes in clouds that really exist only in our minds

Wish I'd thought of that - I can understand your idolizing me, but do you have to repeat everything I say? Worse than a parrot --

That's funny, I was going to say the same about you two, considering I've pointed that same stuff out hours ago. I didn't make up those names.

I missed that, because I just assumed the names were made up.

OMG, can't believe I missed the humor in this one that we're replying to, earlier! How to produce a "mansample", eh?

Hey Unseen, you threw me off with that proposal of Gestalt-ing, unless you meant that the lines drawn over the graphic were simple those that the artist wanted to perceive.

(I also see a left-facing profile of Homer Simpson now, instead of the lady.)

RSS

Support T|A

Think Atheist is 100% member supported

All proceeds go to keeping Think Atheist online.

Donate with Dogecoin

Members

Forum

The need for knife control

Started by Jesus Christ in Society. Last reply by Gregg R Thomas 50 seconds ago. 72 Replies

Videos

• Add Videos

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Into life hacks? Check out LabMinions.com

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service