I love how we are quoted chapter and versus from theists all the time. So I thought it would be fun to come up with your favorite personal versus. They can be things that you live by or just simply how you are feeling. Here's what I have come up with:

Robert 10:12   I really don't care what you think!

Robert 12:24   You can kiss my atheist @ss!

Robert 35:17    Be the goat!

Robert  16:54   You pray for me, I will think for you.

Your turn! 

Views: 4898

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

A personal favorite of mine.

"I need no master to punish me in order to behave as I ought. If I did, I would be no more than a child who obeys his father's rules only because he fears the whip, and not because he actually means good."

Now, I read this in the fourth book of the "Inheritance" trilogy by Christopher Paolini. I have no doubt that it's paraphrased from another source, but I'm too lazy to go find it.

My favourite has to be...

Michin 1:1 We're just fucking monkeys in shoes

Grady, 1:1-2 "If I wanted your prayers, I would have asked for them. NOW CALL ME A FUCKING DOCTOR!!!!"

Grady, 1:3 "There is nothing wrong with this world that a long string of funerals couldn't solve."

Grady, 1:4 "If I had a dollar for every time someone said they'd pray for me...I'd have none, because my ass is so deep in debt I will never dig it out."

Grady, 1:5-6 "I don't have morality? Buddy, my morality is the only thing that's keeping me from kicking your ass!"

Grady, 1:7-13 "I'm an atheist. Nothing you can say is going to change that. You can beat be black and blue, and I will still be an atheist. Don't waste your breath, don't waste my time. Accept it, and move on. Or Don't. The amount of fucks I give is dropping dramatically by the second."

Grady, 1:14-16 "If I had a fucking TARDIS, there would be no more theists. I would take the time to go back in time, and prove beyond a shadow of a doubt that there are no gods. Then, you know, I'd go forward in time until I found someone who could make me immortal, because fuck this dying bullshit."

Grady, 1:17 "If the bible is the only proof you need of the existence of a god, then Harry Fucking Potter is the only evidence I need of the existence of Wizards and Witches."

Grady, 1:18 "If God is watching me all day every day, then he's got some weird, disturbing fetishes that he and Sigmund Freud need to discuss."

Grady, 1:19-28 "I know a guy who has risen from the dead no less than ten times! He can move through space and time, and loves humanity more than humanity loves itself! He goes out of his way to rescue us, even from ourselves, and you know what his name is? No? I don't know his name either. Only one person knows his name. The universe simply knows him as...Doctor Who. What? You thought I was talking about God? Dumb ass..."

Grady, 1:29-33 "Zeus is a dead god. Jupiter is a dead god. Odin is a dead god. Quetzalcoatl is a dead god. How long do you think it will be before your precious Allah, your loving Yahweh, your wonderful God is just another Dead God?"

..i've recently picked up the most annoying habit.. i just mutter, really fast, under my breath, in complete monotone: 'god hates shrimp.com". I used to say, 'um, whats that bible verse where jesus goes all twat-waffle aggro-bitch on a fig tree? ..get back to me on that one..". ..hmm, but to answer your question, i've invented a scripture for the next time an incidental scripture sullies my eardrums: Melissa 4:20 ..don't be an asshole.

I had a prof. mention to me once, 'I think you mumble, so you can be insulting, without being asaulted!'

It seems to take an infinite amount of commentary, to define a finite number of theists!

If I wanted a personality cult, I would have eaten more wild aspargus!

And God said, 'let there be light'. So how many burnt fingers are there now?

If God built the universe, then why do churchs have such a tizzy when asked to pay taxes?

If prayer can solve all our problems, then why is it taking so long?

John 6:67 - "Hope that knowledge shall set them free from dogma and hypocrisy"

John 6:66 - "Those who are indoctrinated will call you ignorant for being informed"

Razor Thrashdance 3:19:  We spit on those who choose to pose, we thrash with all the rest!
*head bang*

My favorite quote ever is from Oscar Wilde:

"Life is far too important a thing ever to talk seriously about."

Wow, I'd never heard that Stephen Fry quote before. 

His awesome manages to somehow expand even further.

Tom 20:20, Don't pray for me my good child, pray for yourselves, your days are numbered.

Tom 52:1, And I shall wreak my wrath upon you the next time you state you will say a prayer for me.

Tom loses count,  And the great spaghetti monster shall lift ye from ignorance with his noodly appendage.

RSS

Forum

Torture Report release today

Started by Unseen in Ethics & Morals. Last reply by Simon Mathews 19 minutes ago. 113 Replies

My Grandpa died last week

Started by Physeter in Small Talk. Last reply by Simon Mathews 1 hour ago. 6 Replies

Great retorts

Started by Unseen in Quotes. Last reply by Wesley 7 hours ago. 13 Replies

Is There Any Ex-Mennonites or Ex-Amish On This Site?

Started by Jessica Miller in Advice. Last reply by Physeter 11 hours ago. 25 Replies

Blog Posts

Pabst Blue Ribbon to the rescue!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 9:33pm 0 Comments

Finally, a cool billboard in Arkansas!

Posted by Ed on December 15, 2014 at 8:21am 2 Comments

Atheist Sites

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service