I love how we are quoted chapter and versus from theists all the time. So I thought it would be fun to come up with your favorite personal versus. They can be things that you live by or just simply how you are feeling. Here's what I have come up with:

Robert 10:12   I really don't care what you think!

Robert 12:24   You can kiss my atheist @ss!

Robert 35:17    Be the goat!

Robert  16:54   You pray for me, I will think for you.

Your turn! 

Views: 4894

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

If you and a dwarf are set upon by a dragon, remember: you don't have to be faster than the dragon, you only have to be faster than the dwarf.

(from my Dungeons & Dragons days)

Remember, never keep the company of a dragon, because, you're like crunchy and taste good with ketchup.

(another AD&D quote :) )

The first (and probably the best) is an actual Bible verse. 

Psalm 74:22 - Arise, O God, plead thine own cause! 

And then there's the response to Pascal's Wager, revised, often delivered to me as "What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to hell?"  

Alyson 2:76 - 

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to Avici?

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to Styx?

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to Niflheim?

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to Uffern?

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to Xibalba?

What if you die, and you are wrong, and you go to O le nu'u-o-nonoa?

lol - awesome! Plead your own case?!?! Now that's funny! I've not heard that one? Why the need to please your own case. this yaweh character needs a better pr rep.

DW  5:25 - "Mean people suck."
DW 7:23 - "All hail the Flying Spaghetti Monster!"
DW 8:7-8 - "I wonder what kind of tea Russell is brewing? I bet it's tasty."

And of course, the 3 commandments.

1: Think.
2: Doubt.
3: Be nice!

I think it's funnier when you can quote back from their own scripture. Or you could just make them up to throw them off their games, like Samuel L. Jackson in pulp fiction.

LMAO.. Took me a minute. Beautiful.

You deserve $50 for that.

I think I'm dying a little from laughing so hard. I can't believe I'm a year behind on this.

I've always wanted to make a little concordance of really pointless verses taken out of context. Like:

Ezekiel 37:17 "Now hold them together in your hand as one stick"

Jeremiah 30:6 "Now let me ask you a question: 'do men give birth to babies? Then why do they stand there, ashen-faced, hands pressed against their sides like women about to give birth?'"

1 Chronicles 28:14 "David gave instructions regarding how much gold and silver should be used to make the necessary items"

Galatians 5:12 "I only wish that those troublemakers who want to mutilate you by circumcision would mutilate themselves"

John 21:3 "Simon Peter said, 'I'm going fishing.'                                                                                     'We'll come too,' they all said. So they went out in the boat, but they caught nothing all night"

Is it just me or does John 21:3 sound like a euphemism for a bunch of guys going to the bar to get lucky..? 

Simon Peter said,"I'm going to the bar."

"We'll come too," they all said. So they went out to the bar, but they caught nothing all night. Well, except for Simon Peter who needed visit the clinic. 

Yes, but a gay bar. Jesus said "I will make you fishers of men" remember?

RSS

Atheist Sites

Forum

What is the Destiny of Intelligence?

Started by Roy Plisko in Philosophy. Last reply by Davis Goodman 1 minute ago. 62 Replies

conspiracy theories

Started by Seth Richardson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 7 hours ago. 20 Replies

Criticize the ideology, not the person?

Started by Erock68la in Small Talk. Last reply by Erock68la 7 hours ago. 28 Replies

6 YEARS!

Started by Dan in Announcements. Last reply by Pope Beanie 12 hours ago. 6 Replies

The Movie Kiss: Romance or Rape?

Started by Unseen in Society. Last reply by Pope Beanie 12 hours ago. 12 Replies

Blog Posts

Rounding Up?

Posted by Carol Foley on November 20, 2014 at 3:17am 2 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service