I agree with Nietzsche when he said:

"I call Christianity the one great curse, the one great intrinsic depravity, the one great instinct for revenge for which no expedient is sufficiently poisonous, secret, subterranean, petty — I call it the one immortal blemish of mankind"

Sec. 62 The Anti-Christ - Nietzsche

Views: 284

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There are so many! I do love the Nietzsche one. I must say i love Bertrand Russell. These are some of the ones i really like.

“Dogma demands authority, rather than intelligent thought, as the source of opinion; it requires persecution of heretics and hostility to unbelievers; it asks of its disciples that they should inhibit natural kindness in favor of systematic hatred.”

“Religion is something left over from the infancy of our intelligence, it will fade away as we adopt reason and science as our guidelines.”

“The whole conception of a God is a conception derived from the ancient oriental despotisms. It is a conception quite unworthy of free men.... We ought to stand up and look the world frankly in the face. We ought to make the best we can of the world, and if it is not so good as we wish, after all it will still be better than what these others have made of it in all these ages.”

Great quotes.  Bertrand Russell is also one of my favorites.
I am new here, so thanks for letting me know.
lol.....exactly.

Haven't heard that before, but it's really, really funny (and true). Thanks for sharing!

Philosophy is questions that may never be answered.

Religion is answers that may never be questioned.

That is really good

"Religion is the frozen thought of man out of which they build temples."

Jiddu Krishnamurti

A favorite quote...hmm thats tough, there are so many i like.

What was it that Adam ate that he wasn't supposed to eat? It wasn't just an apple. It was the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil. The subtle message? 'Get smart and I'll fuck you over' sayeth the Lord. God is the smartest, and he doesn't want any Competition. Is this not an absolutely anti-intellectual religion?

Suppose you've chosen the wrong god. Every time you go to church you're just making him madder and madder.

Making fun of born-again Christians is like hunting dairy cows with a high powered rifle and scope.

So far as I can remember, there is not one word in the Gospels in praise of intelligence.

I remember another gentle visitor from the heavens, he came in peace and then died, only to come back to life, and his name was E.T., the extra terestrial. I loved that little guy.

And one of the best imo is this one because its so true and always makes me sad because we could have by now colonized the stars.

"We would be 1,500 years ahead if it hadn't been for the church dragging science back by its coattails and burning our best minds at the stake. "

If religion is a box of chocolates, atheism is reading the nutrition facts and running off to the gym.

Criticism has plucked the imaginary flowers on the chain not in order that man shall continue to bear that chain without fantasy or consolation, but so that he shall throw off the chain and pluck the living flower. 

Marx

RSS

Blog Posts

People

Posted by ɐuɐz ǝllǝıuɐp on July 28, 2014 at 10:27pm 4 Comments

Services we love

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by Dan.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service