You don't need religion to be a good person. 

Tags: religion

Views: 67

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Evolution destroys christianity. No Adam/Eve = No original sin. No original sin = no need for a saviour.
god, like magic or other forms of mysticism, are no longer necessary to explain our world. It follows then that religion is even less so.
A bit of a run on sentence, but...

In trying to prove to me that God exists, I feel you misunderstand something; the real problem is, you are asking me to open my heart to a misogynistic, homophobic, sadistic, genocidal, megalomaniac, and, try as I might, I just don't have it in me to be that much of a cretinous asshole.
it all depends on the situation and the person you are talking to....it depends what was brought up first.
I'll tell you why I don't believe in this god-thing as soon as you tell me what it is.

I find that followers of religions that don't advocate/utilize a god concept really don't bother me and don't go out of their way to push it on me, so there's been little reason to argue with 'em.
It can be reasonably asserted that the Abrahamic religions have been THE most persistently divisive influence in the history of mankind.
Not really an argument as such, but when faced with a fundie ranter a question that seems to bring on a bit of thought or befuddlement is - " Are there toilets in Heaven?"
Quote Ghost Busters "Do you believe in god?" Answer: Dont know never met the guy!
You show me your god and I'll show you a leprechaun assraping a unicorn.

^ A friend of mine once said that to a drink priest at a pub^
I was gonna say something about believing in unicorns.
But it seems pointless now. :)
And really, a unicorn without a point is just a horse.

RSS

Forum

Awe struck

Started by Davis Goodman in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 43 minutes ago. 30 Replies

Sunday Disassembly

Started by Reg The Fronkey Farmer in Society. Last reply by Simon Paynton 1 hour ago. 10 Replies

In Defense of ‘Islamophobia’

Started by Brian Daurelle in Society. Last reply by Tom Sarbeck 2 hours ago. 50 Replies

Blog Posts

A Life-Changing Confrontation

Posted by Belle Rose on October 23, 2014 at 2:55am 3 Comments

Life Condensed

Posted by Cato Rigas on October 19, 2014 at 8:30pm 3 Comments

Services we love!

We are in love with our Amazon

Book Store!

Gadget Nerd? Check out Giz Gad!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

In need a of a professional web site? Check out the good folks at Clear Space Media

© 2014   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service