You don't need religion to be a good person. 

Tags: religion

Views: 74

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Evolution destroys christianity. No Adam/Eve = No original sin. No original sin = no need for a saviour.
god, like magic or other forms of mysticism, are no longer necessary to explain our world. It follows then that religion is even less so.
it all depends on the situation and the person you are talking to....it depends what was brought up first.
I'll tell you why I don't believe in this god-thing as soon as you tell me what it is.

I find that followers of religions that don't advocate/utilize a god concept really don't bother me and don't go out of their way to push it on me, so there's been little reason to argue with 'em.
It can be reasonably asserted that the Abrahamic religions have been THE most persistently divisive influence in the history of mankind.
Not really an argument as such, but when faced with a fundie ranter a question that seems to bring on a bit of thought or befuddlement is - " Are there toilets in Heaven?"
Quote Ghost Busters "Do you believe in god?" Answer: Dont know never met the guy!
You show me your god and I'll show you a leprechaun assraping a unicorn.

^ A friend of mine once said that to a drink priest at a pub^
I was gonna say something about believing in unicorns.
But it seems pointless now. :)

I've never found a quick statement did much good. But, I've really enjoyed most every quip posted here! I'll incorporate some of them into future discussions.

To quote Chomsky:
"A statement that fits an accepted world view requires little explanation and can therefore be outlined in a few words. In order to have any chance of being persuasive, a statement that challenges an accepted world view needs more than a sound bite."
I believe that you don't believe in other god's except yours, so that sums up that your an atheist too

The most basic argument I usually use when, some one asks my opinion about his or her religion and the difference of atheist to theist.

RSS

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service