Of it's self Atheism makes a simple statement, a rejection of the belief in deities. There is nothing else here, no philosophy of life, of conduct, no political insight and no philosophy of economics. There is no statement, as to moral conduct, decorum, social interaction. There is no indication of Rights and obligations of,both citizen and government.
Under Marxism and too, Communism, Atheism is embraced by government and, as the theism's force themselves on the people,as history demonstrates.Does such an Atheistic government pick up the mantle of a godly omnipotence, and if so, is there a difference?

Atheism rejects the belief in god/s, not god/s as no Atheist possesses universal intelligence and it would be foolish to make such a claim. The exercise of reason however,give proper indication that a god/s do not exist. That one would reject a god, may allude to the premise that there may be a god to reject. A side thought.

Tags: Atheism, Rights, and, obligations, philosophy, theism

Views: 1421

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Especially when even the concept of truth is subject to the individual's acceptance of it. Truth must necessarily be separated from fact.

I am not sure what you mean.  If something isn't a fact, then it is not the truth.

In one if the Indiana Jones movies when Dr. Jones was teaching a class he said that Archeology is the search for facts.  If you want to find truth then Dr. (cant remember name) philosophy class is down the hall.  

Truth is subjective, Facts are objective.  At least I think thats how it works.

I don't think so.  Truth is objective when the word is being used properly.

Asking what value Atheism has for humanity is the wrong question. In a sense it's like saying what value does not smoking tobacco have for humanity?  What value does not doing crack cocaine have for humanity?  What value does not drinking beer have for humanity?  I as a non smoker/drinker don't have to defend my choice to not smoke or drink beer.  Why should we have to defend our choice to not have superstitions?  Those who chose to follow the majority may think us weird but they are the ones who chose to actively follow superstitions and as such their actions are the ones that need justification.  

RSS

Forum

Gideons International

Started by Ed in Small Talk. Last reply by Reg The Fronkey Farmer 25 minutes ago. 3 Replies

Draw Muhhamed day was yesterday Bring out your drawings

Started by ThyPlagueDoctor in Small Talk. Last reply by ThyPlagueDoctor 10 hours ago. 4 Replies

Bible Belt Promiscuity

Started by Dante in Advice. Last reply by Ed 1 hour ago. 10 Replies

am i the only athiest that believes in spirits

Started by Katie Patterson in Small Talk. Last reply by Unseen 23 hours ago. 32 Replies

Events

Services we love!

Advertise with ThinkAtheist.com

© 2015   Created by umar.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service